Hoping for more feedback on Explorer suites

poss

Category "F" and category "G."

E.g. I'm still getting different stories about whether the bed width in G is more narrow than width in F. Regent reps tend to say they're same; earlier posters have said not. I queried a supervisor weeks ago, and he was supposedly trying to get firm information; still no response. (I don't get it; I mean how difficult is this question?)

Curious that the size of lanais on website shows varied measurements in same category (suite size supposedly same; some balconies larger than others, so over-all more sq footage). Anyone know anything about this?

I'd appreciate hearing about which cabins to avoid, which are maybe more preferable. (in F and G) Any sections of the ship have particular problems, a la aft Navigator? There's some information of this sort for the other ships. I assume that such details will eventually accrue for Explorer. Would be great if there could be more input even at this point. The cost of cruises is very expensive. If we indulge, I want to try to make best choice (for us: "best" would mean different things for each us, e.g. I'm real noise sensitive, and not-so-great with rocking and rolling either. Plus we spend a lot more time in our cabin than probably most people-- at least that's the sense that I get from reading posts.)

There's been a lot of terrific posting on these early sails. I look forward to more. CC'ers are an energetic and generous group of people! I've always been very grateful to have this website.

Edited by poss

Curious that the size of lanais on website shows varied measurements in same category (suite size supposedly same; some balconies larger than others, so over-all more sq footage). Anyone know anything about this?

I was curious about this, too. From studying the deck plans, it seems like for Superior Suites and Concierge Suites, the variation in balcony sizes is due to some of the suites being "hump" suites - those where a portion of the balcony is at an angle. Depending on the angle of the hump, this will either give extra, or take away balcony square footage (it looks like Superior get the extra space and Concierge gets less).

We made this discovery when selecting our Concierge Suite, and confirmed this with the rep on the phone so made sure to avoid the "hump" concierge suites.

However, with the Deluxe Veranda category, it looks like the variation occurs with the G2 Suites. Again, from studying the deck plans, most of the G2 suites are midship on Deck 6 with the smaller balconies. But on decks 7, 8, and 9 there are 2 aft-facing suites per deck with what looks like deeper balconies.

For me personally, aft-facing staterooms (those that are actually on the "butt" of a ship, not just located in the general aft area) staterooms are my favorite on any ship since they offer such incredible views. if I were booking a G2, I would LOVE one of these.

However, with the Deluxe Veranda category, it looks like the variation occurs with the G2 Suites. Again, from studying the deck plans, most of the G2 suites are midship on Deck 6 with the smaller balconies. But on decks 7, 8, and 9 there are 2 aft-facing suites per deck with what looks like deeper balconies.

For me personally, aft-facing staterooms (those that are actually on the "butt" of a ship, not just located in the general aft area) staterooms are my favorite on any ship since they offer such incredible views. if I were booking a G2, I would LOVE one of these.

I booked an aft facing G2 for my Explorer cruise next March; I am looking forward to it. I am wondering if there is way to lower oneself down to the spa pool?

I booked an aft facing G2 for my Explorer cruise next March; I am looking forward to it. I am wondering if there is way to lower oneself down to the spa pool?

"If it is after 1700 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted."

If you want to do this after 1700, just jump. It's the fastest way....:)

Edited by CruisetheCs

E.g. I'm still getting different stories about whether the bed width in G is more narrow than width in F. Regent reps tend to say they're same; earlier posters have said not. I queried a supervisor weeks ago, and he was supposedly trying to get firm information; still no response. (I don't get it; I mean how difficult is this question?)

I'd appreciate hearing about which cabins to avoid, which are maybe more preferable. (in F and G) Any sections of the ship have particular problems, a la aft Navigator? There's some information of this sort for the other ships. I assume that such details will eventually accrue for Explorer. Would be great if there could be more input even at this point. The cost of cruises is very expensive. If we indulge, I want to try to make best choice (for us: "best" would mean different things for each us, e.g. I'm real noise sensitive, and not-so-great with rocking and rolling either. Plus we spend a lot more time in our cabin than probably most people-- at least that's the sense that I get from reading posts.)

There's been a lot of terrific posting on these early sails. I look forward to more. CC'ers are an energetic and generous group of people! I've always been very grateful to have this website.

While I may not learn a lot more that on our last Explorer cruise, we looked at an offer to extend our November cruise and couldn't resist - even though a F1 suite is not what we typically book. It is the same size as the concierge suite that we were in last month and "may" have the same size balcony (depending upon the suite number - I didn't pay much attention as this is a late fall cruise so the balcony is less important).

If I learn anything new (leaving November 2nd), I'll be sure to post the information. The one thing I do know (and love) is the bathrooms in the Concierge and F1/F2 suites. As excited as we are about this cruise extension, we are very happy that we'll move to a 2 bathroom suite on November 16th:)

Thanks, Tc.

About the bathrooms in F1&2: I actually inquired about that on another post. Are the showers same as on Mariner? (larger even?) We don't use tub, but sure do like those great showers on Mariner. I assume the showers in G on Explorer are smaller than on F? (even thought there's no tub in G...)

Thanks, Tc.

About the bathrooms in F1&2: I actually inquired about that on another post. Are the showers same as on Mariner? (larger even?) We don't use tub, but sure do like those great showers on Mariner. I assume the showers in G on Explorer are smaller than on F? (even thought there's no tub in G...)

I don't think that the showers in the F suites are quite as large as on the Mariner but they are considerably larger than on the Voyager or Navigator. I felt quite comfortable with the size. There is also a lot of storage in the bathroom as well as in the closet.

As you know, the G category is considerably smaller in size than the F category suites. I don't specifically remember the size of the shower in the G category.

Ah, but the suite size on Ex "G" and Mariner "G" is virtually identical. I wonder why the shower is smaller on Explorer.

This might seem like nit-picking to some, but for those of us who spend mucho time in the suite, these are biggies.

I'd love to book one of the itineraries beginning in Reykjavik, but just can't get a solid handle on whether to choose Navigator or Explorer (probably neither will have availability ln our category by the time I get this thing figured out!)

Edited by poss