Using the launderette on Azura

Cathygh

Hi

As we will be going on a 2 week cruise soon, could someone please advise about using the lauderette? A couple of years ago I used the launderette on Oceana but must have made a mistake somewhere as my washing took hours to was, came out soaking wet and took hours to dry. In fact it never dried properly and when I nipped to the loo someone else came along and pulled my washing out of the dryer so I had to dry it in the bathroom.

So what are the quickest washing machine programme and tumble dyer selections? I don't want to spend 3or more hours of my holiday in the laundry room.

Many thanks

Cathy

Unless there was something wrong with the washing machine. Times given are round about right.

I was worried about doing a hot wash as didnt know what the hot wash was temp wise, so I did a medium wash.

I made sure I returned before the machine was due to finish..ie after about 30 mins. Those I was happy tumble drying I put in, set it to hot? Dry. Again made sure I went back within 30 mins, to be there when it finished.

If I was back before it was ddue to finish and found someone else had taken my stuff out, and put theirs in I would like to think I would be brave enough to do the same in return..ie change the loads around, and then stay there until it was finished. I know both machines are huge,but you hadn't overfilled it had you?

I seem to recall that on some ships the problem is that people open the dryers, to see if the clothes (belonging to someone else) are dry, discover they are still wet, shut the door and walk off without pressing the button to restart the machine. So it's possible this happened to you and perhaps some kind soul set it going again before you returned - so you had no idea your clothes had just spent most of the time in a wet heap. My recommendation based on past experience is avoid the laundrette as much as possible. There is nearly always a fight [emoji23]

Edited by Florry

I seem to recall that on some ships the problem is that people open the dryers, to see if the clothes (belonging to someone else) are dry, discover they are still wet, shut the door and walk off without pressing the button to restart the machine. So it's possible this happened to you and perhaps some kind soul set it going again before you returned - so you had no idea your clothes had just spent most of the time in a wet heap. My recommendation based on past experience is avoid the laundrette as much as possible. There is nearly always a fight [emoji23]

What are they like on Azura.

On Aurora they are very large square rooms with 3/4 ironing stations.

On Arcadia they are very thin and narrow, and only one ironing station...I hated those..bit claustrophobic...to say the least.

Hi

Thanks guys for all your help.

FYI the machine was not full, the person who removed the clothes from the tumble dryer had been very aggressive toward other people waiting and I was gone less than 5 mins!

However I have learned my mistake was to use the hot wash, medium for me next time. I would love to avoid the launderette but as it is a 2 week fly cruise I will need to wear some clothes more than once so I may need to wash some tops and clothes for when we return as we are not going straight home.

Cheers Cathy

Just returned from ventura they have changed to the modern machines on there since my last trip on her, Dryer above washer controls for both in-between. Found the machines to be great and people mostly considerate. If washer was finished but dryer empty I just moved the washing into dryer and set mine to wash ( 40-45 for medium wash ) and found 60 min on the dryer as fine for me. If dryer was finished then I would unload and even fold and put in neat pile so I could use dryer... I noticed a few of us did that in our laundry room. Mind you there were a few of us using it and not everyone came back to pick their washing up promptly... Mind you if some kind soul was moving it into and out of the dryer because they want to use the machine would you lol.

The laundry rooms on Azura are great. Efficient washers and dryers. There were 2 ironing stations in B decks laundry room. One station for right and left handers. We only waited once to use the right hand iron. Because of the way the boards are fixed to the wall, ladies dresses are a bit tricky as you can't get them fully over the end of the board. I have some difficult to iron clothing and I managed fine. I took 2 in one tablets with me.

I also packed tumble drier sheets in between clothing in packing cubes. Thus no nasty airline smell on our clothing and the drier sheets then went in the drier after doing a wash