Pizza of my dreams!

Gallivanting Souls

Often times a pizza will sit under heat lamps for too long and the crust will become like cardboard. My first choice for pizza would be Alfredos because of their variety of toppings and the crust is "old world" style. I've tried a slice of pie up on the Lido and it was your typical New York style and was fine, but a bit bland on the flavor. Then another time I took a slice during MUTS and the topping was good but the crust was like cardboard and I never wanted to try it again. Perhaps that one was either on the Star or it was one that sat under the heat lamps too long. My next cruise will be on The Grand and I will be fortunate to try both as our cabin is on the Lido deck and I will have to pass Pregos every day...several times a day. Oh my.;)

Often times a pizza will sit under heat lamps for too long and the crust will become like cardboard. My first choice for pizza would be Alfredos because of their variety of toppings and the crust is "old world" style. I've tried a slice of pie up on the Lido and it was your typical New York style and was fine, but a bit bland on the flavor. Then another time I took a slice during MUTS and the topping was good but the crust was like cardboard and I never wanted to try it again. Perhaps that one was either on the Star or it was one that sat under the heat lamps too long. My next cruise will be on The Grand and I will be fortunate to try both as our cabin is on the Lido deck and I will have to pass Pregos every day...several times a day. Oh my.;)

All this talk about the pizza at Alfredos is making me so hungry!! I can't wait until I get on the Royal Princess in January. we all know how good it is. The first thing I'm going to do is have lunch there.;);););)

Tony

FYI, the expanded menu (other than just pizza) is available only on the Royal and Regal. No salad or pasta dishes on the other ships with an Alfredo's. :(

We noticed that when we were on the Grand. The pizza was excellent, and my wife and I agreed that with a little more variety the place would probably be packed. We ate there a number of times and were often the only people in the place. It was really great pizza.

• 4 months later...

All the pizza we tried at Prego's was good. The Four Cheese (a specialty on one day) was amazing.

There will be 3 or 4 varieties available each day. Margherita is standard, I think pepperoni is too. Then each day has a special or two. Honestly, every one I tried was good. Best pizza I've had on any cruise ship and comparable to many places at home.

Prego's (which I have used for a quick snack on many Princess ships) is definitely inferior to our local grocery's frozen pizza. OK for staving off the hungrys until dinner, but that's about all. Alfredo's, on the other hand, is quite good. Even for an evening meal, or a delicious lunch.

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

Alfredo Pizza was available from Sabatini's several times at lunch (complimentary) on the Caribbean Princess earlier this month, although I didn't try it I'm afraid.

Now this got my attention! We will be on the CB soon. I guess this was announced in the Patter? I will sure be watching for it. :D