3 day Norwegian Sky

gupsmom

Is there anyplace that I can find recent Daily papers.

We are going as part of a group, with a friend for his wedding. He is very interested in when certain things are taking place because he is planning events for everyone around these things.

He is especially interested in when the White Hot Party is?

He also wants to arrange a pub crawl for the group....any suggestions?

Is there a deck party on the other night?

Do you think this will be affected by the switch to Grand Bahama on our cruise...instead of the private island?

Thanks...

When are you sailing, gupsmom? We leave next Friday and I can bring back the Dailies. From what I've been able to find, the White Hot Party is the 2nd night (which would be Freeport night). I went to the dollar store yesterday and picked up some glow stick necklaces to wear to the party. :)

CruisinCrow... If you could bring back the Daily from each day, that would be great!!! Thank you.. My friend is trying to plan things for 35 people and it would be a huge help to him if he knew some of the scheduled events ahead of time. We cruise on Oct 7.

Jess

CruisinCrow... If you could bring back the Daily from each day, that would be great!!! Thank you.. My friend is trying to plan things for 35 people and it would be a huge help to him if he knew some of the scheduled events ahead of time. We cruise on Oct 7.

Jess

I'll be glad to. I'll post them when we get back.

What happens when he starts planning things and the Cruise

Director changes the schedule?

I'm guessing being on a cruise, with his closest family members and best friends, celebrating his wedding with his beautiful new wife, will probably go a long way to smooth over any changes the cruise director makes. lol.... Plus, he is about the furthest thing from Type A.

I think he just wants a general idea of what is typically offered. Aside from the wedding itself (which takes place before we board), the first dinner that we are all having together onboard (already booked), the white hot party, a lunch already scheduled/reserved at Senior Frogs, and a loosely planned 'pub crawl' the plan is to pretty much all do our own thing and meet up as it works out. Finding out some of the other offerings ahead of time is just exciting and lets him kind of see who is interested in what. I know we are all planning on the white hot party (nice to know it's night 2) and we talked about the Newlywed game, etc.

Jess

I'm guessing being on a cruise, with his closest family members and best friends, celebrating his wedding with his beautiful new wife, will probably go a long way to smooth over any changes the cruise director makes. lol.... Plus, he is about the furthest thing from Type A.

I think he just wants a general idea of what is typically offered. Aside from the wedding itself (which takes place before we board), the first dinner that we are all having together onboard (already booked), the white hot party, a lunch already scheduled/reserved at Senior Frogs, and a loosely planned 'pub crawl' the plan is to pretty much all do our own thing and meet up as it works out. Finding out some of the other offerings ahead of time is just exciting and lets him kind of see who is interested in what. I know we are all planning on the white hot party (nice to know it's night 2) and we talked about the Newlywed game, etc.

Jess

When you're coordinating activities for a big group, it makes perfect sense to want to know what's available and what people want to do. In my experience, the cruise directors have their schedules down to a science and they rarely change unless the itinerary changes. Have a wonderful trip and congrats to your friend!

The 3 night cruises are major booze cruises and are filled with lots of bachelor and bachelorette groups and very few honeymooners. My initial thought would be that all the night time venues would be full of party people. We found that the opposite was true. The majority of the excitement was during the day and the evening were rather ho hum.

Not saying I didn't like the cruise, but I was really expecting a big Las Vegas style evening but was surprised that the majority of folks had partied all day on the free cocktails and were pretty "done" by the evening. The entertainment on board was pretty basic in the evening. The evening shows were all put on by the NCL staff dancers/singers who were pretty D list entertainers.

I am not knocking the cruise as it was a fun 3 day weekend girl's getaway but would have felt short changed for a honeymoon.

The 3 night cruises are major booze cruises and are filled with lots of bachelor and bachelorette groups and very few honeymooners. My initial thought would be that all the night time venues would be full of party people. We found that the opposite was true. The majority of the excitement was during the day and the evening were rather ho hum.

Not saying I didn't like the cruise, but I was really expecting a big Las Vegas style evening but was surprised that the majority of folks had partied all day on the free cocktails and were pretty "done" by the evening. The entertainment on board was pretty basic in the evening. The evening shows were all put on by the NCL staff dancers/singers who were pretty D list entertainers.

I am not knocking the cruise as it was a fun 3 day weekend girl's getaway but would have felt short changed for a honeymoon.

This was exactly our experience on the Sky. Which was perfect for me the DH. We like to get the party started early in the day and then by 9p we are in bed sleeping. One night we stayed up and we're looking for the action and were relieved to know that it wasn't only is that had this mindset. We loved the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks...

We were actually on the Sky (with this same friend) a couple years ago. We just couldn't remember which night the White Hot Party was and none of us saved our Daily papers to refresh our memories of what/when things were happening onboard.

We had a great time back then. We partied very late at the White Hot party and didn't have any problem with entertainment on the other 2 nights. I know we spent a lot of time at the pool bar and enjoyed it there.

Back then it was just us, our friend and his girlfriend (wife-to-be on this cruise). This time there will be about 35 of us. We will have our kids with us and so will some of the others...which is another reason to try and have some idea of when we want to do things.

Thanks again...

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be glad to. I'll post them when we get back.

Hope you had a great cruise.

Did you manage to bring back the daily paper? If not, did your activites pretty much match up with the papers posted from the cruise shortly before yours.

Thanks...

Jess

Hope you had a great cruise.

Did you manage to bring back the daily paper? If not, did your activites pretty much match up with the papers posted from the cruise shortly before yours.

Thanks...

Jess

We did! We had wonderful weather and really enjoyed our time in Freeport and Nassau. Ate too much too. :)

I just got the Freestyle Dailies posted on my blog: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html The activities looked pretty much the same except the comedian changed.

I haven't had a chance to write up a review yet.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I see night 2 on the 3 day sky cruise is the white party. Was there a "formal" night or am I wasting time packing a formal-ish dress?

No formal night. This was the most casual ship we've ever been on. Long pants are not required in any of the dining rooms, not even Le Bistro or Cagney's. There were women wearing sundresses (or white dresses at the White Party) but I only saw one woman the entire cruise wearing a cocktail dress. Pack light and leave the formal stuff at home.

One great feature on Sky is that you can drop off your carry-on bags at Captain Cook's Lounge when you board the ship so you don't to lug them around until the rooms are available. We only brought 2 small carry-on suitcases and it was great to be able to unpack them right away. I wish all ships had this!!