New to NCL and Escape, few questions

dmac40

I am new to NCL and Escape. I'm looking at a upcoming cruise out of Miami. My questions are:

I heard its' first come first served on boarding, especially for Vibe passes. What's the earliest you can show up at pier/terminal? do you just get in line and wait then? when will they let you on?

Any idea what the Thermal Suite pass costs? Can you buy a couples' pass or is it per person?

I have a possible deal on a B9 cabin but don't know the number. Is this a good cabin category in general and on good deck(s)?

Are the unlimited drinks and meal promos worth it?

Are the pools, hot tubs open into the evening hours say 8-9pm range?

Any tips for good bars for beers and cocktails without too many crowds? I heard the Waterfront has good options for alcohol and coffees?

Thanks, any info much appreciated!!

i am new to ncl and escape. I'm looking at a upcoming cruise out of miami. My questions are:

I heard its' first come first served on boarding, especially for vibe passes. What's the earliest you can show up at pier/terminal? Do you just get in line and wait then? When will they let you on?

boarding typically start around 11am. You'll be given a pass with boarding group number, you board with your group is called. I don't value vibe passes so i'd never make an effort to get one. Spice h2o works well for me.

any idea what the thermal suite pass costs? Can you buy a couples' pass or is it per person? you purchase per person, it has been $179 if bought on ncl.com precruise once you have booked and the window for buying has opened. Those passes can sell out.

i have a possible deal on a b9 cabin but don't know the number. Is this a good cabin category in general and on good deck(s)? not an expert on the categories, but balconies are a lovely way to cruise. We had one on the escape and getaway.

are the unlimited drinks and meal promos worth it? if you will spend more than your fee for the drink package it is worth it. For me it isn't, i don't spend $100 on beverages in a week. I haven't been motivated for specialty dining either. The complimentary restaurants have worked for us.

are the pools, hot tubs open into the evening hours say 8-9pm range? the main pool has been open at that time, but the adult area is not, it is typically movie or party space at night.

any tips for good bars for beers and cocktails without too many crowds? I heard the waterfront has good options for alcohol and coffees? if you like wine try the cellars, district brew was pretty empty the night we stopped in to hear a guitarist.

thanks, any info much appreciated!!

hth

Thanks for the info!!

I have another question about the Free at Sea Promos.

It seems that 2 would be included in the balcony. If I was to choose Unlimited Drinks and Free Service Fees for the booking promo, would my wife have to then purchase an Unlimited Drinks package at full price?

I've heard that it's required that everyone in a cabin has to have a separate package but then I see online that Free at Sea promos covers the "first 2 guests". I'm kind of confused there.

Also, would the Free Service Fees then cancel out the pre-paid gratuities that are usually required on the beverage package?

Any info/clarity on this would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Thanks for the info!!

I have another question about the Free at Sea Promos.

It seems that 2 would be included in the balcony. If I was to choose Unlimited Drinks and Free Service Fees for the booking promo, would my wife have to then purchase an Unlimited Drinks package at full price?

I've heard that it's required that everyone in a cabin has to have a separate package but then I see online that Free at Sea promos covers the "first 2 guests". I'm kind of confused there.

Also, would the Free Service Fees then cancel out the pre-paid gratuities that are usually required on the beverage package?

Any info/clarity on this would be appreciated. Thanks!!

If you get 2 "free" choices (for example the beverage package and the prepaid gratuities), that is for both of the first two passengers. The prepaid gratuities are for the normal ship staff (waitstaff, cabin steward, etc.) but do NOT cover the gratuity on the beverage package or any dining packages - if you have a beverage package or dining package as a "free" perk, you'll still have to pay the associated 18% gratuity.

Hope that was not confusing!