Harmony Med Cruise

We are being charged in dollars, traveling with an American Passport. Not sure if your nationality makes a difference, but this is what is happening on the Jewel now. There is an ATM that dispenses $, and another that gives out Euros. I know with complete certainty that the slot machines LOVE my dollars.

LOL!!!! Slot machines are currency-neutral I'm sure!! They'll take anything!!!

We are sailing in a few weeks, so I can't say with certainty, but on our Splendour cruise a few years ago, they charged in US dollars (and we are Canadian, so it wasn't related to our nationality).

Onboard currency is Dollar - all prices are in Dollar.

You can chose to let RCI convert your bill into your local currency but then they charge an extra fee of 3% ;).

And to answer a non asked follow up questions, yes, some of the ATMs do provide Euro.

steamboats

There´s an automated 18% gratuity on all bar purchases. For extra tips I´d suggest $ as Euro has no 1 Euro bills (coins only, smallest bill is 5 Euro).

In specialty restaurants tips are included in the cover charge but many people do tip extra. You will get a receipt to sign and can add the tip there.

Waiters, cabin attendants - the gratuity will be added to your onboard account daily. Extra tips are of course appreciated. Depending on when you cruise... the closer you get to the TA in October the more I´d suggest $. For the summer cruises I don´t think the crew will mind as they do have their days / hours off in port so they can make use of tips in Euro too.

I´ve been on the eastbound Oasis TA and our cabin attendant told us that he has some hours off in our one and only port stop Malaga. So we asked him whether he got Euro. He got his extra tip early and was totally happy as he saved time not needing to change any money.

steamboats