Opinions on....

stev5138

Will be cruising with first time couple this fall. We are Platinum. Opinions on booking cabins with one first timer and one Platinum in each cabin in order to get Platinum perks for both rooms. Of course once on board switching back to original couples. Thoughts?

i don't exactly know what kind of opinions you're looking for...

but the platinum perks are per person, not per room.

it may make sense to book that way if for instance there was some kind of a platinum rate to book (similar to state of residency, senior, etc. type rates)...

but not for the 'perks'... if you want to give the other couple your platinum gift, allowance of laundry, etc. then go for it, but they won't automatically get all the 'perks' as they are platinum guest-specific. i suppose the only benefit would be priority boarding, is that what you're trying to accomplish? if so, go for it, i guess :)

and they are NOT invited to the platinum & diamond party :D

Some perks are per room (priority boarding, tendering, guaranteed dining time, priority debarkation to name a few)

Are you positive?? But then again I can't remember, my husband has been platinum for quit a while, sorry couldn't be of more help. Are the people going to change rooms back after you board?? If so I do agree that boarding will be only perk. When you exchange your SNS cards for the new rooms they will then see where the platinum cruisers are.

How about guaranteed dining time, priority debarkation, (for early flights), free laundry, treats left in the room, embarkation, tendering etc?

Edited by stev5138

well, it's 'priority' MDR reservations, not guaranteed. i'd say that's per platinum member, but if your bookings are 'linked' it doesn't matter - you'd be at the same table anyway.

priority debarkation - sure that'll be per 'room' as they'll deliver enough tags for whoever's in the rooms... but for early flights, anybody can get that anyway from guest services.

free laundry is per person (2 bags on a 3 – 6 day cruises, 3 bags on a 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises )

treats in the room are per person.

like i said, if you want to give them your treats, or do their laundry within your allowance go for it - but they won't automatically get all the platinum perks just by booking that way. if guest #1 is platinum and guest #2 is not - you'll only get one platinum gift in that cabin, just as an example - most of the other perks work that way too!

Will be cruising with first time couple this fall. We are Platinum. Opinions on booking cabins with one first timer and one Platinum in each cabin in order to get Platinum perks for both rooms. Of course once on board switching back to original couples. Thoughts?

We did this exact thing with friends in April, 2013. I booked my friend with me and my husband with her husband. Since they were our roommates, they were allowed to wait in the Captain's Lounge with us for embarkation. Their luggage tags had "priority" on them so they got their suitcases early.

Upon embarkation, we all went to Guest Services. Our Sail & Sign cards were reprogrammed so that the right couples shared the right cabins. After the cabin switch, they received no other Platinum perks.

One benefit that we got out of this was double shareholder credit. We jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. Since my husband and I were booked in different cabins, therefore having different booking numbers, we submitted two separate shareholder requests and each received $100. When my husband switched to my cabin, the obc stayed on his S&S card and moved with him.

How about guaranteed dining time, priority debarkation, (for early flights), free laundry, treats left in the room, embarkation, tendering etc?

Only Diamond gets "guaranteed" dining time. Platinum and FTTF get "priority" dining times.

Our friends did get priority embarkation with us. After the cabin switch, they received no other Platinum perks. (No gifts, no treats, no free laundry, etc.) When we tendered, my husband and I were each allowed to bring five guests with us, so that was a non-issue. As for priority debarkation, we got extra #1 luggage tags from Guest Services for our friends. (See my post above.)

Edited by stargate fan

Are you positive?? But then again I can't remember, my husband has been platinum for quit a while, sorry couldn't be of more help. Are the people going to change rooms back after you board?? If so I do agree that boarding will be only perk. When you exchange your SNS cards for the new rooms they will then see where the platinum cruisers are.

I do not believe that they will even be given the priority boarding. Their S&S cards will not be in the P&D lounge because they will not be P or D cards. The question is answered in the Q&A on Carnival site in the VIFP Club description. It clearly states that D & P benefits do not apply to people in the same cabin if they are not P or D. A Port employee may decide to change that rule and let them through, but their cards will still not be in the P & D lounge.

I do not believe that they will even be given the priority boarding. Their S&S cards will not be in the P&D lounge because they will not be P or D cards. The question is answered in the Q&A on Carnival site in the VIFP Club description. It clearly states that D & P benefits do not apply to people in the same cabin if they are not P or D. A Port employee may decide to change that rule and let them through, but their cards will still not be in the P & D lounge.

When we sailed with our friends, their Blue S&S cards were printed right in the Captain's Lounge, as were our Platinum cards.

This was also the case when I sailed with my mom, who was Red at the time.

Every report/review I've read indicated the priority embarkation applied to the cabin, regardless of what the FAQ says. The most obvious reason why is parents traveling with their children.

That is completely incorrect. My husband is Platinum and I'm gold. My S&S card is always presented with his upon check-in in the VIP lounge.

Works great. I've done it before. You can all board and debark together.

One platinum gift and a chocolate delight will be delivered to their cabin. You might want to decide ahead of time whether you want to share those. Since the P&D party are only for P&D members now, they likely won't be able to join you for that.

Just go to Guest Services onboard and work out the cabin key issue.

Thanks for "opinions". We are going to do it!! Wont change names on cards. Just swicth cards and register each couples card to the same credit card even though "registered in separate cabins" PVP says all can board together as long as one Platinum registered per cabin. For us - It will be worth the extras such as laundry, tendering, and debarking at will. Thanks all. In fact, I think we will all attend the Past Guest Party. We all know that no one really checks the invitations right?

Just contacted CCL. Was told "If boarding w/first timer BOTH would be allowed VIP PRIORTY boarding as long as they are registered to the same cabin and at least one was Platinum." Also.... New S&S cards could be printed in the VIP area! Great news!!!!!!

If they were not your friends, how would you feel about others trying to beat the system and getting platinum perks as a first time cruiser?:eek:

I totally agree with you. It's no wonder that Carnival has some of the policies they have because there are so many schemers that sail Carnival. To me, it's unbelievable that so many feel it's fine to cheat. Wow, that's it, wow.