Favorite "beachy" fragrances

mattp420

I, for one, am getting some good ideas for men's AND women's fragrances so thanks to all! I am a scent fanatic when it comes to perfume, lotions and body washes. Some of my favorites for summer are by Jo Malone. The one I liked the most was discontinued a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I've found what will probably be my signature summer scent for the foreseeable future. If you're looking for something to buy the man in your life check out Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche. I loved the original but this is summer in a bottle to me. Search over!

Well...I've found what will probably be my signature summer scent for the foreseeable future. If you're looking for something to buy the man in your life check out Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche. I loved the original but this is summer in a bottle to me. Search over!

Yes! That's a good one but kind of obscure. Great find for you!

Many of us perfume fanatics wear fragrances marketed to the opposite sex. Fragrance, itself, is gender less ... ignore the marketing and the packaging and wear what you like and what smells good. :)

To answer the OP, I love the three scents you mentioned in your original post plus the Heeley Sel Marin! I would also recommend:

Hermes Eau des Merveilles

Profumum Acqua Di Sale

Heeley Coccobello

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt

My favorite scent is just straight coconut oil. A little rub of what I have from The Body Shop (also good for keeping my hair from frizzing out) is good enough for me. I buy it in their tin.

I don't mind when people want to wear perfume/cologne. But, I do mind when I can smell it. I am hideously sensitive to just about every fragrance known to mankind. And, most people are "overcologners". Smokers who wear perfume are the worst; their sense of smell is so damaged by constantly smelling cigarette smoke that they have to put on way too much perfume to just get a light whiff of it. I was always told that, if someone can smell it before they get an arm's length away from me, I have too much. If I can smell it on myself 10 minutes after I've applied it (not bringing up your wrist to you nose, just smelling), I've applied too much. If I am going to be in close quarters with people, like sitting at the same dining table, going to a theatre, being in a plane, bus, train, subway, elevator, I should not wear any perfume. I wish more people were more conscious of what their favorite scent can have on their fellow humans. I could probably get away with less allergy and headache meds if they did.

My favorite scent is just straight coconut oil. A little rub of what I have from The Body Shop (also good for keeping my hair from frizzing out) is good enough for me. I buy it in their tin.

I don't mind when people want to wear perfume/cologne. But, I do mind when I can smell it. I am hideously sensitive to just about every fragrance known to mankind. And, most people are "overcologners". Smokers who wear perfume are the worst; their sense of smell is so damaged by constantly smelling cigarette smoke that they have to put on way too much perfume to just get a light whiff of it. I was always told that, if someone can smell it before they get an arm's length away from me, I have too much. If I can smell it on myself 10 minutes after I've applied it (not bringing up your wrist to you nose, just smelling), I've applied too much. If I am going to be in close quarters with people, like sitting at the same dining table, going to a theatre, being in a plane, bus, train, subway, elevator, I should not wear any perfume. I wish more people were more conscious of what their favorite scent can have on their fellow humans. I could probably get away with less allergy and headache meds if they did.

Thanks...I really don't need a lecture and that wasn't the purpose of this thread.

Thanks...I really don't need a lecture and that wasn't the purpose of this thread.

I wasn't lecturing. I gave my favorite scent. And, I wanted to give a reminder about perfuming in a closed area like a cruise. Be happy you don't get migraines or allergic reactions to perfume. There is nothing fun about walking into an empty elevator and smelling the perfume of someone who got off the elevator earlier. Sometimes, we need reminders, just like the long thread about sunscreens ;)

Though I rarely wear scent these days, I still like the old classic L'Air du Temps. It's light and summery to my 'nose'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

What scents are on sale? I checked and didn't see any marked down.

The travel sizes of what they called the beachy scents were on sale at the store. I didn't look on line

I love Bobbie Brown "Beach".... Smells a lot like Coppertone. Love that fragrance.

Finer Department stores, but reasonably priced.

I have this and couldn't for the life of me place what scent it reminds me of but you are spot on! Def smells like Coppertone. The bottle is approx. $40 for 3.4oz. and it lasts forever!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobbi-brown-beach-body-oil/2816245?cm_mmc=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online-_-datafeed-_-women:fragrance:lotion-_-15567U&mr:referralID=0a2cb764-2578-11e5-bcb1-00505694526f

I'm sorry - didn't mean to stir up any bad feelings. I was definitely vague in my original post..was actually taking notes on some of the fragrances to check out for my wife. I like some female stuff as well..been known to spray some Samsara on every now and then!

Curious as to what you picked out for your wife ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Christian Dior 'Dune' which he created to remind himself of seaside holidays in Normandie when he was a child and also his 'Eau Sauvage'

I LOVE Eau Sauvage! That was my dad's scent all through my childhood.