Booking a Divina cruise

elruth

I called and booked a cruise on the Divina for Nov 2107. First time with the MSC line. The woman was very helpful and she said she would send me a confirmation email. Now 8 hrs later, there is no e mail. Can't figure this out but she won't be in the office until Tuesday. I put $ 400.00 down on a credit card.

Question? We have sailed often with NCL and are Platinum Latitude. MSC has a 5 % discount for passengers who have been on other cruise lines. I filled out the form and there is a place to photo copy your ID number and card. ??? Anyone else here been on NCL and gone on a MSC cruise? I have latitude numbers but have never had an identification card. I find the MSC site to be a bit confusing.

Hi elruth, we're Platinum with NCL as well and are very happy that MSC has offered us Status Match.

It sounds like you've already found some info regarding Status Match, but to answer your question of how, here's what I did to send the Platinum info to MSC since Latitudes Rewards is along the same lines as Voyagers Club.

Fill out the info online here: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

To send, I logged into MyNCL and pulled up my latitudes info and just did a screen shot, saved it and sent it along with the application. Some have advised that you may have to do it twice so be prepared if you don't hear back within a very short time.

BTW, there are a few threads regarding SM so you may want to check out some of those, here's one containing lots of information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2356592&highlight=status+match

Hope this helps.

Sometimes it does take a while for your conformation to arrive. If you don't get it by later today, just call. You don't have to wait for anyone. All you need is your booking number, or else go to their website using your booking number, and it will show your reservation. You can print that.

On the status match. I would take a picture of the screen that shows your status with ncl. The pic must be less than one Meg. This is really small. I took a screen shot and cropped the screen shot to get less than one Meg. If you don't get this confirmation it didnt go. They status matched us from carnival plat to msc gold.

Screenshot_2016-07-20-15-15-36.jpg.884a476eace68f15aa9cbc5c214cfe40.jpg

FWIW, when I filled out the online MSC status match application, I waited for weeks to hear back. I finally called them and a very nice lady sent me an email with an application and I sent back our info directly to her and had our status match the next day.

Also when I booked the Seaside directly with MSC I waited for a week to get our confirmation. I then called, they pulled it up and e-mailed it to me while I was on the phone with them.

You need to keep following up with MSC I have found.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I did call MSC and supposedly the person who booked our cruise typed ,net at the end of our email address instead of .net. This took me 4 calls before they figured out the problem of why I didn't receive a confirmation. I did get in touch with them re: the 5% discount and I told the person that I didn't know how to take a screen shot and she was nice and took my info and said she would email me. Yes, they don't email right away like any other ship we've ever sailed on.

That 5 % discount is a nice deal and also since we are NCL Platinum, we get the Black status on MSC. This cruise isn't until Nov of 2017 so I hope we still are in good shape to even take it. I always get insurance as we are 76 and 86. The Divina looks like a beautiful ship and their prices are very reasonable!