Is the Deluxe Beverage Package the same price on each ship?

Yes, drink package prices fluctuate. When I priced out packages for the cruises I have booked for the next year, the sale price ranged from $38 to $46. Seven day Caribbean were the least expensive, longer cruises more expensive and the transatlantic the most expensive. That's the only pattern I could see, I couldn't tell seasonal variation because I don't cruise holiday periods, and these prices were on Vision through Oasis class ships. I only purchased the package for one 8 day cruise, as it really only has two port days. One other day is Labadee and one is San Juan and I will probably only be off the ship a few hours. I am also traveling with people who cannot take advantage of the diamond drinks.

The other cruises were either port intensive or I am traveling with DH, so we can do the lounge together.

Edited by MommaBear55

Here's a rundown of per day drink package prices on recent pass and future cruises since the deluxe package was implemented. Gratuity not included.

Majesty 4 day 9/12/16: $44 (On board $61)

Empress 4-day 10/20/16: $48 (On board $61)

Empress 7-nights 11/21/16: $48

Independence 5-nights 12/3/16: $44

Rhapsody 7-nights 2/4/17: $44

Brilliance 4-nights 2/16/17: $44

Navigator 14-nights 4/28/17: $44

Serenade 7-nights 5/13/17: $44

Note: I don't plan to buy the package on these cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't let the number of sea days dissuade you from doing some simple math. Use a consumption model that will be quite a bit different from your everyday drinking pattern when home. You will be on vacation so 'adjust' for that fact.

Beverage packages can and do save money if you've done your homework. A big plus is that you will not get what I call the 'end of cruise' surprise that's wedged under your cabin door followed by the often heard gasp of, "I drank that much and I spent how much?" Your drink bill is prepaid regardless of how much you've consumed as long as you stay under the max price per beverage ceiling highlighted in your ships plan. If you server needs a step ladder to reach the shelf where the really expensive stuff lives I'd say the plan probably isn't for you. If you enjoy the well known quality products offered that are one 'shelf' down you certainly will not be disappointed.

I've never financially lost buying a beverage plan except on one river cruise where during lunch and dinner wine and beer is complimentary (decent product I might add). I've broken even on several ocean cruises but the convenience of not having to sign for every drop of chargeable beverage we consume is a big plus for us. It should be noted that neither my wife or I are party animals or hard core drinkers but neither are we 'tea totters'.

I agree with others. The prices of the packages vary according to the ship and the itinerary. If you are on a cruise out of Australia, then the gratuities are included in the price quoted.

Also they do change - when I originally booked our 15n Christmas Cruise, last year out of Sydney to New Zealand on the Ovation OTS - it was AUD 1148 per person (inc 20% disc + grats), then in September it dropped to AUD 1035 per person (inc. 20% disc & grats) and then in October it dropped to AUD 996 per person (inc.20% disc & grats). Each time I cancelled and rebooked the packages, so it pays to keep an eye on them.

Rule of thumb. The more sea days a cruise entails the more costly the Bev package will be. If you're on shore you are not depleting product sold on board.

This is not true. I have only one sea day and my drink package is $51 for a 7 day cruise on FOS. That is the highest I have seen posted. However, it is in Europe if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app