How much does a butler in the Haven make for a week?

Fred Quimby

The salary at any level is irrelevant. You do not 'need to make up for' anything. That is not how it works.

I think the point they are trying to make is...

Here in the USA the tips provided to servers etc. is what brings their "salaries" at least up to minimum wage. Their hourly wage is well below minimum because the restaurant or what have you knows they will be making said tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI everyone

Haven been on a few cruises, making friends with staff and recently having land friends that worked or working for different cruise companies, their information on this could shed some light. On some, as I can't speak for all major lines, the butler does not receive an hourly rate. They are solely paid by tips. They do not pool share their tips, however, they do work 24hrs and only are assigned to one or two cabins. A fantastic tip is 100 per person while I've heard average tip is 35-50 per guest. So say 200 per week. Some lines do give a stiffen of 30-40 per month so in average a butler will make around the 900 mark. Now consider if they were on land in major cities this would be an weekly amount on base with other perks and bonus. Again, some inside info. As i am not a butler on the ship nor have I done taxes for any butlers on a ship, please take this as info shared but not proven to ad solute fact, but it is what our family and friends consider when we have had butler service

HI everyone

Haven been on a few cruises, making friends with staff and recently having land friends that worked or working for different cruise companies, their information on this could shed some light. On some, as I can't speak for all major lines, the butler does not receive an hourly rate. They are solely paid by tips. They do not pool share their tips, however, they do work 24hrs and only are assigned to one or two cabins. A fantastic tip is 100 per person while I've heard average tip is 35-50 per guest. So say 200 per week. Some lines do give a stiffen of 30-40 per month so in average a butler will make around the 900 mark. Now consider if they were on land in major cities this would be an weekly amount on base with other perks and bonus. Again, some inside info. As i am not a butler on the ship nor have I done taxes for any butlers on a ship, please take this as info shared but not proven to ad solute fact, but it is what our family and friends consider when we have had butler service

You really don't believe that a butler is assigned only one or two cabins, do you?

You really don't believe that a butler is assigned only one or two cabins, do you?

If so, it would be one of the easiest jobs on the ship, given some people in these cabins might not use their services or use them very lightly.

HI everyone

This information may apply to some cruise ships, doubtful, but is DOES NOT apply to NCL and their butlers. Not even close.