Dawn vs Escape to Bermuda

TyGrimmett

I would gladly pick the newer ship for all the bells and whistles instead of the older ship especially if the itinerary and price are about the same.

Unfortunately (not really ) for me, I have to go with the Dawn to Bermuda because that is the only ship that runs Bermuda until late October this year.

Edited by Georgie562

First off, don't judge the Dawn by its age... the common areas feel like a new ship after last year's dry dock. If beer matters to you, it's a no-brainer... go get the District Brew House on the Escape. I'll also add... sailing out of NYC is pretty special, if you've never done that before.

I've done the Dawn twice and will be returning to the Escape for the 2nd time in 50-some-odd days. I love both ships, but will probably stick with the big ships going forward. I prefer to feel overwhelmed with options and diversions. I stepped off the Escape feeling like I missed out on things (and I gave my all), and felt that I adequately tackled the Dawn by day 3 or 4.

If you're interested, I live blogged both experiences...

Escape:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307885

Dawn:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2426171

You will have a great experience on either.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread. I'm trying to get a "cruise crew" together for May/June or 2019 (I know the itin. isn't out yet). I feel like the Escape is a no brainer, but sister had been on the Dawn is being very stubborn about trying a bigger ship. Everyone else wants to do the Escape. That said, I made a comparison sheet and still I keep coming up with the Escape. We would be traveling with small children, so the bigger ship would be better for kids.

-Because the Dawn goes Friday to Friday, I would need to take an additional vacation day (6 days total)

- Dawn is closer to us by 2 hours, so that's the only perk I'm seeing.

- Based on 2018 prices, the Escape has cheaper balcony cabins. When I add in the cost of the longer shuttle to NYC, it's still cheaper overall.

- Another con for the dawn was that the balcony cabins only accommodate up to 3 people. For a family of 4 you would have to get an outside cabin or pay the higher rate for a mini suite.

It's just looks like the Escape is the obvious choice