Boarding POA next Saturday

saraandnick

Go and have lots of fun. Take lots of Sun Screen and bug repellent, a sunburn and bug bites can dampen a vacation. I liked the POA.

My family (husband, 11 yr old & in-laws) and I are boarding Pride of America next Saturday. We have our excursions planned and are boiling over with excitement. Any last minute ship tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you doing your own excursions or ships? For the tender port you will have to get tender tickets unless in suite so make sure you read when and how that works.

Cadillac Diner has some good food but note the milkshakes are extra cost.

They serve snacks up by the Key West Bar at times. Pizza in buffet by pizza oven was very good.

Just relax and enjoy your cruise. Don't sweat the small stuff. They do a Hawaiian prayer of safe passage the afternoon you board - check the dailies. They do some Hawaiian dances, etc. It was a nice way to start the cruise. Try to catch that.

My family (husband, 11 yr old & in-laws) and I are boarding Pride of America next Saturday. We have our excursions planned and are boiling over with excitement. Any last minute ship tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you arrive in Honolulu early and have a rental car, head to the port about lunch time, check-in, drop your bags and go back out to see the City or Pearl Harbor since the ship doesn't leave until 7:00 PM. Everything is very laid back and casual at the "port" and there is a small parking lot where you can park next to the simple chain link fence gate leading to the ship.

When we were there, a guy directing traffic told me, "Park over there in that lot and don't bother to put any money in the meter because no one ever checks them."

Before you leave the Mainland, reserve a rental car in every port, do a little homework and create your own excursions.

Maui or Kauai would be a good place to go to an evening Luau. Consult Trip Adviser and Google to choose one.

Edited by EnterCruise