Change on laundry benefit

katiestan1

I received the new 2016-2017 brochure yesterday and I noticed that the Silver Club level now has one complimentary laundry bag per 7 days. We are booked on a 36 day cruise and are offered only one bag of laundry. Is this change retroactive so that any upcoming cruises fall under the new benefit or are we screwed?

Anyone else notice this change in club benefits or know how they plan to treat people who are already booked? Thanks. Jen

In the past, we have also been confused whether it was one bag per cruise or one bag each seven days.

In May, we were on the Quest, specifically asked at Seabourn Square at the start of the cruise, and were told it was one bag each seven days. That's what we happily did.

Not sure if it was just being generous---one of us was silver at the time, one of us was gold.

Edited by GeneBK
Clarify club level

I know that it says one bag of laundry for Silver online and in previous brochures but on page 149 of the new (big) 2016-2017 brochure it is showing the (*) next to "One complimentary bag of laundry" which indicates "One bag for every 7 days onboard" for ALL levels. This would be great for Silver level members. I SOOO hesitate to call Seabourn to ask because I know I will get varying answers but I will work up the necessary stamina and give it a try. I think as more people see the new brochure, they will have the same question!! Jen

As we have 69 days , we checked with seabourn and they confirmed silver is one per cruise.:D

But if there are two of you that is one each, so in fact 2 per cruise. It never ceases to amaze me how much, with a little ingenuity, one can pack into those bags.

Mr Luxury

I don't think anyone on Seabourn can NOT afford to pay for their laundry. I was enquiring about what seems to me to be a change in the benefits according to the new brochure. Apparently, my post makes no sense to anyone. I know what the CURRENT guidelines are. The point of my post which no one seems to be addressing (maybe I am the only one to get the new brochure?) is that there is a CHANGE in the new brochure for Silver level. That is all. Unfortunately, Silver members will not see this benefit until 2016 OR there is a typo in the new brochure.

Hi Flamin June,

Since we will be on the ship for 36 days, it makes more sense to elect the 10% off on shore excursions for one person and then the bag of laundry for the other person. The 10% off is for both members anyway.

Mr Luxury

I don't think anyone on Seabourn can NOT afford to pay for their laundry. I was enquiring about what seems to me to be a change in the benefits according to the new brochure. Apparently, my post makes no sense to anyone. I know what the CURRENT guidelines are. The point of my post which no one seems to be addressing (maybe I am the only one to get the new brochure?) is that there is a CHANGE in the new brochure for Silver level. That is all. Unfortunately, Silver members will not see this benefit until 2016 OR there is a typo in the new brochure.

I do not think it has changed , it is difficult, particularly on line to see what the tiny star represents I think it was always one per voyage up to silver and one per 7 days on gold and above.You have to look at the FAQ for clarity then if you look carefully you can tell.

Mr Luxury

I noticed the addition of the * for the Silver tier with respect to the weekly laundry bag in the 2016/2017 brochure as well. I suspect it is a typo since it does not appear in the online version.

I doubt the online version will be updated with the * until the new policy is in effect in 2016. There will not be a self-service laundry option on the new ships so it would make sense to increase the loyalty program benefit for those not yet golden.

I doubt the online version will be updated with the * until the new policy is in effect in 2016. There will not be a self-service laundry option on the new ships so it would make sense to increase the loyalty program benefit for those not yet golden.

Is the lack of laundry based on the currently available deck plans that seem to have a lot of blank open space on them?

No, based on the 2016-17 brochure that states,

"Wet cleaning (alternative for dry cleaning) and laundry services are available on board and will be billed to your shipboard account. In addition, there is a complimentary self-service launderette available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Quest and Seabourn Sojourn."

Note no mention of Seabourn Encore even though it is discussed in depth throughout the brochure.

(Coincidentally only a couple of pages before the contentious * on the Club Benefits page.)

I have checked with Seabourn and they have confirmed there will be no self service laundry on the Encore:(

Anybody knows why? Although this doesn't affect me, I'm surprised SB would take away a popular feature, as the launderette seems to be. I'd thought the new ships are bigger and better and wonder what other features or facilities may be eliminated or re-imagined down...

To be honest if you have paid the current fares for the inaugural season on the encore, you should be spending time enjoying your cruise, not doing laundry!

You can get tons in one of the $50 bags and certainly could use the time you paid for in many more productive ways than doing laundry.

Anybody knows why? Although this doesn't affect me, I'm surprised SB would take away a popular feature, as the launderette seems to be. I'd thought the new ships are bigger and better and wonder what other features or facilities may be eliminated or re-imagined down...

There is no money to be made from a complimentary launderette. There is a lot of money to be made on billable laundry services.

Perhaps following the lead of HAL. None of their newer ships have a self-service laundry.

I was told by Seabourn that the (*) in the Silver column in the new brochure on page 149 is a typo and they are going to remedy it. Apparently, I was the first one to tell them about this and they had no idea that the (*) was added to the Silver benefits. So, rather than being a change, it is a typo.

I have checked with Seabourn and they have confirmed there will be no self service laundry on the Encore:(

Well that means we won't be cruising on it then. Mrs Able Seaman H loves to spend some quality time in the laundry room. In fact we select a cabin on the same level specifically for that purpose.

That and the fact they are the cheapest balcony cabins :)

Henry :)

To be honest if you have paid the current fares for the inaugural season on the encore, you should be spending time enjoying your cruise, not doing laundry!

You can get tons in one of the $50 bags and certainly could use the time you paid for in many more productive ways than doing laundry.

That's a personal decision. I never do my own laundry but many people do and it should be their decision and an option Seabourn should offer. Just like keeping the restaurant open at lunch.

There is no money to be made from a complimentary launderette. There is a lot of money to be made on billable laundry services.

Perhaps following the lead of HAL. None of their newer ships have a self-service laundry.

Not only will they make money from billable laundry services, they can also fit extra cabins on the ship:)