hotels pre cruise Boston with car

relaxingatsea

I'm looking for a hotel in Boston area for pre-cruise night. I was thinking of hotels that are park and fly. I have booked at Holiday Inn Express Boston on 69 Boston Rd, and I also booked Doubletree Boston Bayside. Anyone ever stay at either hotel? My concern is if these locations are in a safe area. I read that Doubletree is near Savin Hill which some people call stab and kill. Please help all ideas welcome.

HI express is in a retail/industrial area. Not near tourist areas. I'd call the hotel and ask them what kind of security they have for cars left there for days on end.

Doubletree is in a slightly better area, close to the South Boston waterfront. I'd ask them the same questions.

Both are near the MBTA if you want to see the rest of the city.

I know folks here in the past have found a place in Quincy that worked out well for park and cruise with a shuttle. Use the search function with "Quincy" in the search.

The Quincy hotel is Best Western Adams Inn, not all that bad for one or two nights pre-cruise. They do offer park & stay packages and transfer to Logan Airport and Black Falcon. If their shuttle is fully booked and you want to go at an alternative time, it's not that far a cab ride to the port. While it's not the Four Season, but it works for many. I drive by it on my way into Boston, at the Neponset exit. There are a variety of restaurants within a mile of the hotel.

Long before opting for Logan Express[$7 day to park] we frequently spent a night there to enable us to catch a very early flight. If a winter snow storm happened while we were on vacation, we returned to find our car cleared of snow.

There's always the option of parking at EDIC garage if you are cruising from Boston.

Darcy

I'm looking for a hotel in Boston area for pre-cruise night. I was thinking of hotels that are park and fly. I have booked at Holiday Inn Express Boston on 69 Boston Rd, and I also booked Doubletree Boston Bayside. Anyone ever stay at either hotel? My concern is if these locations are in a safe area. I read that Doubletree is near Savin Hill which some people call stab and kill. Please help all ideas welcome.

What exact dates would you be doing this? What ship are you sailing on and how many days? What is your budget? How many people? Where are you coming in from (i.e. I90, I93, I95 (from the north or south?)). Are you planning to sightsee in Boston?

What is the price for the HIX and Doubletree and how many days parking? Will both hotels provide a shuttle to Black Falcon Terminal?

The answers to all these questions affect the advice I would give. One popular strategy is to book a hotel room outside the city in a nice suburban area near route 128/I95 and just drive in the morning of the cruise and park for $20/day. IMO could be much simpler than trying to get to the HIX or Doubletree and back when you disembark and your personal and car safety concerns would be much less.

I'm sailing on the Norwegian Dawn Fri May 26-Fri June 2. I will be coming from Syracuse, NY via I90 East. We are planning on staying overnight Thursday May 25-26, and there is just myself and my friend going. We were thinking of doing the duck tour. The Holiday Inn Express is $400 that includes parking for the week that we will be gone and a shuttle to/from the terminal. The Doubletree Boston Bayside is $267 that also includes parking for the week and free shuttle to/from the terminal. Preferably we would like to stay under $400, and we do require separate beds. I realize staying in Boston without a car is a better option, but flights out of Syracuse are ridiculous and take longer than just driving it. Thanks for your help.

The answers to all these questions affect the advice I would give. One popular strategy is to book a hotel room outside the city in a nice suburban area near route 128/I95 and just drive in the morning of the cruise and park for $20/day. IMO could be much simpler than trying to get to the HIX or Doubletree and back when you disembark and your personal and car safety concerns would be much less.

Great advice - there are three primary rules in life: "Don't get involved in a land war in Asia"; "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"; and "Do not drive your car into Boston if there is any possible alternative".

I'm sailing on the Norwegian Dawn Fri May 26-Fri June 2. I will be coming from Syracuse, NY via I90 East. We are planning on staying overnight Thursday May 25-26, and there is just myself and my friend going. We were thinking of doing the duck tour. The Holiday Inn Express is $400 that includes parking for the week that we will be gone and a shuttle to/from the terminal. The Doubletree Boston Bayside is $267 that also includes parking for the week and free shuttle to/from the terminal. Preferably we would like to stay under $400, and we do require separate beds. I realize staying in Boston without a car is a better option, but flights out of Syracuse are ridiculous and take longer than just driving it. Thanks for your help.

It looks like Syracuse is about 5 hours from Boston. What time do you realistically plan to arrive? If you plan to do a duck tour, you have to get to Boston early enough to have time to check in and then get yourselves to the Prudential Center or the Museum of Science or possibly.

The two beds is also a problem - there's a great deal out there on Hotwire in the seaport area, but there would not be a two bed guarantee unless it was a rollaway.

So my recommendation is that you look at the trinityreservations.com park/sleep package at Embassy Suites at Logan Airport for $334 tax included. This will give you access to the Blue Line to easily get across the harbor to the Faneuil Hall area, transferring to the Green Line to the Museum of Scuence for the Duck tour. It's possible that the duck tour might run from the Aquarium which would be just two stops on the Blue Line.

You would also have the option of free transportation to the port by taking the hotel shuttle to a Logan terminal, transferring to the Silver Line bus (one low step) to World Trade Center, and transferring to the SL2 bus to Black Falcon Terminal.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that I90 will take you directly to Logan Airport area through the Ted Williams Tunnel. GPS should direct you to Embassy Suites, which is right there next to the airport. This should be an easy drive - no crazy exploration of Dorchester streets trying to find the HIX or Doubletree.

DH and I stayed at the HIX on Boston Street two years ago. It was a nice hotel and we had no issues with leaving our car there. There is a large shopping mall behind the hotel with several chain restaurants located in it. We had supper at the Olive Garden when we arrived. The shuttle was on time and worked out very well. The price has gone up since we used it. I think it was about $285 then for the Park and Cruise Package. It is not around any sightseeing as mentioned before but suited our needs very well.

• 1 month later...

Another suggestion you might want to consider. Yankee Trails cruise express. Drive to Albany (actually Rensselear) stay the night there,drive to Yankee Trails,leave your car there, and take the cruise express to Boston. The cruise express is $90 pp round trip. I have used them to get to New York and Bayonne cruise ports and have been very pleased.

Laura

Another suggestion you might want to consider. Yankee Trails cruise express. Drive to Albany (actually Rensselear) stay the night there,drive to Yankee Trails,leave your car there, and take the cruise express to Boston. The cruise express is $90 pp round trip. I have used them to get to New York and Bayonne cruise ports and have been very pleased.

Laura

What a great suggestion! I didn't realize there was cruise bus service to Boston from the Albany/Rensselaer area. The only possible downside is that not everyone might not want to tour Boston and leave for home at 6:30 pm.

What a great suggestion! I didn't realize there was cruise bus service to Boston from the Albany/Rensselaer area. The only possible downside is that not everyone might not want to tour Boston and leave for home at 6:30 pm.

You're right. I did not realize they did that. The ones for NYC and Bayonne pick up from the port at 11:00 and head back home. I wonder why Boston is different?

• 4 months later...
Hi I also trying to find pre cruise on oct 5. Any help where to stay I can't seem to find anything below a $400 rate. Flight comes in at npon

Right now on Hotwire - 3* hotel in Seaport District for $159 plus taxes and fees. Likely to be Aloft, but could be Element. This is a sure thing - all the hotels in the Seaport area are relatively new. There are no hotels less than 3* and the area is very safe, primarily office buildings, restaurants, and little parks by the waterfront.

It's possible to take the free Silver Line bus from the airport to World Trade and a cheap cab ride to the hotel. Cab to the port is cheap. World Trade station is about 6 blocks away, so it's easy to go in town for sightseeing.