What would you do?

Dilema: We are three over 30 but under 60 women. We currently have an aft balcony for our cruise next March on the Breakaway. All well and good until the price of the spa balconies dropped considerably. So, the question is this: we are sailing in March from NYC. It will probably be cold the first and last day, at least. Therefore the spa would feel wonderful. On the otherhand, the other 5 days should be wonderfully warm(hopefully). Therefore the balcony would be so nice, especially since there is a good chance this is spring break for some schools and there might be more than a few kids. The balcony is one of the coveted ones on deck 9.

What would you do?

Go with the SPA cabins. We just got off the Breakaway yesterday. We had cabins 9918 and 9920. The space was wonderful but the balcony was almost completely covered. I was able to move a lounge chair and lay it right up against the railing to get some sun but it was not ideal. We did not use our balcony as much as expected as a result of it being covered.

OP do you mean a regular balcony cabin in the aft section of the ship or an aft facing balcony? The aft facing will have a much larger balcony and also just watching the wake go by is so relaxing. I would not give that up. Only reason we don't have one for our upcoming cruise is that there is little to no wind or breeze back there and it was HOT on an April Caribbean cruise so July would be even hotter!

OP do you mean a regular balcony cabin in the aft section of the ship or an aft facing balcony? The aft facing will have a much larger balcony and also just watching the wake go by is so relaxing. I would not give that up. Only reason we don't have one for our upcoming cruise is that there is little to no wind or breeze back there and it was HOT on an April Caribbean cruise so July would be even hotter!

Just to clarify, we currently have an aft-facing balcony.

I appreciate everyone's input. My travel companions have been educated on the difference and they both agree that the advice of others would be helpful.

Edited by momoftwinteens
adding something

I'd keep the aft. You can buy spa passes but once you get rid of your aft balcony you can't get it back. Plus, I don't think the spa is that impressive. Too much to do to spend all that time in the spa. I purchased a spa pass only to later ask for a refund because I personally couldn't find the time to use it. But you'll always love the view coming in and leaving ports. That being said, I rarely use the balcony either:)