Cheers package verses purchase as you drink

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You should really post this question on the "Carnival" threads. I believe with the "Cheers" package, everyone in the cabin must purchase it (if I remember correctly). On the Carnival threads, someone will have the menu's for all of the cocktails/drinks and you can see the prices. Good luck to you and happy cruising!.:cool:

5 to 6 drinks per day every day is the rule of thumb breakeven amount. I belive on Carnival every one in the cabin over 21 must purchase the package. If the two of you drink less then 12 per day or 20 beers per day just pay as you go. happy cruising

Carnival's policy is everyone in a cabin over 21 must purchase the Cheers package if one does. I believe the current package also includes specialty coffees and soft drinks. Whether or not to purchase is entirely a personal thing as only you know your alcohol intake. Remember, if you are on a port intensive cruise, you will be off the ship a lot during the day and may not be able to make the package worth the price.

As mentioned, everybody's over 21 must purchase the Cheers package. So with gratuity, the cost would be almost $575 for a 5 day cruise for both of you. Now included in that is specialty coffees, teas, energy drinks, bottled water, milkshakes, and soda.

You can each take a 12 pack of soda in can on with you. Since you don't drink a lot of alcohol, I would think just paying as you go would be more cost effective.