Cruise including Bahama, SC, Keys

The Carnival Ecstasy is home ported in Charleston, SC but other ships do use this port. It does 5 day and maybe once a month 7 days to other ports, not just Nassau & Freeport.

We are going on a B2B Carnival's Sunshine out of Charleston this November 6th & 11th. Then it is headed back to its home port, Port Canaveral. It will be back in Charleston, 10 days, next May. It also stops on Norfolk on its way to its summer cruises to New England & Canada. It will probably be back there in the fall of 2017 when its goes back to Port Canaveral after the summer in NE & Canada.

Carnival spent $155 Million (!) redoing the old Destiny and they really did a fantastic job doing this. The Sunshine has become our favorite ship!

The Ecstasy is Carnivals 2nd oldest ship and it is nothing like the Sunshine. It was built in 1992 and shows it. It is a smaller ship- about 2100 passengers- and doesn't have the bells & whistles younger ships have.

I think there may be a Holland America ship that may have a cruise or two from there too.

Google 'cruise ships from Charleston' and see what else come up.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Cruises departing from Charleston are very limited...and if some locals have their way they would all be eliminated! But the OP might want to consider that it is reasonable to drive from Charleston to any of the Florida ports the day before a cruise. And from Florida you have many options.

Hank

The cruises from Charleston on the Ecstasy are not limited at all. This is their home port and they never skip a cruise. Her cruises are 5 day with maybe one 7 day a month. Before the Fantasy switched ports with the Ecstasy, we sailed on the Fantasy more than 25 times from Charleston! We have been cruising for 30 years and Charleston is only a 4 hour drive for us so it is a convenient port for us. But we also have cruised the FL ports, NY, and Norfolk and even one FROM Philadelphia that ended in Charleston! These cruises are not a lot more $$$ than other Carnival cruises either.

I am looking for a 5 to 7 day cruise that would leave from SC to bahama, keys, prefer coastal towns, but I am not sure the big ships would do that.

Has anyone taken a 5 to 7 day trip in this area. Need recommendation for swimming and scuba.

I should have included this in my prior post. Have you searched the Scuba and Snorkeling forum?

SBtS