10 night Caribbean cruise out of FL this February

Iamthesea

I did that also

had an MRI there was no tear but went PT for weeks which did help get the motion back

After asking for an MRI w/contrast, I guess the next step is PT. Doctor said that it could take a year to get over frozen shoulder. When I injured my other shoulder, it took about 2 years before I could completely lift my arm over my head. Never had to have surgery, though.

maggie.1008 - I believe I have seen you over on the Celebrity board.:)

I doubt that many U.S. parents would pay the prices for children during spring break. Plus, they are going to choose lines that have more to offer for children such as the mega ships have (rock climbing, skating, bowling, etc. They don't want to hear their children complaining that they are bored.)

I know that many Europeans have a break during March and fly over for 7 night cruises. We have friends from Germany that come over, but choose RCCL. Again, I think those with children will look for more to offer for their money.

Yes, I am on the X boards often. Looking forward to my first Oceania Riviera cruise. We started cruising years ago on luxury lines.Then found X and really enjoyed the product. We book sky suites and AQ. The prices of those cabins have gone up so much in the last year that it is time to look at luxury lines again.

Yes, I am on the X boards often. Looking forward to my first Oceania Riviera cruise. We started cruising years ago on luxury lines.Then found X and really enjoyed the product. We book sky suites and AQ. The prices of those cabins have gone up so much in the last year that it is time to look at luxury lines again.

We do the same. The AQ pricing is not bad, but the SS has really skyrocketed since Luminae. Returned a couple of weeks ago from the Eclipse in a SS. Not especially impressed with Luminae. We were getting a little tired of the same line, same ship, so decided to try Oceania. and cancel the celebrity cruise that we had planned for February. As you can see from my signature, we have 3 other Celebrity cruises booked, but will probably cancel Singapore/Hong Kong.

We have dined in Liminae on 2 cruises this year. Thought the menu was very limited. Our dinners in Murano and Tuscan Grill were much better. Oceania`s menu`s look smashing.

Oceania's menu' are wonderful. So many great choices in each restaurant. Can't wait to be back on board. :):):)

RJB...have a great trip(maybe skip 95 and take the turnpike).

Please let us know about the ports, excursions, etc.

We sure will. Just a little closer to 95, but either way we will enjoy getting there without flying. Saw yesterday that there were 5 ships in Ft. Lauderdale. Must have been at least 15,000 people. Can't imagine what the airport looked like yest. morning. Not us for a change. :):):)

• 3 weeks later...
I am curious...

For those that have taken this cruise before, what is the usual demographic of passengers? I realize that the cruise will mainly be made up of retirees, but will the passengers mostly be from Florida and surrounding states? Or, is this the type cruise that many overseas nationalities come over for (warm weather?) :)

Last January, we did two excursions with a couple from England, but we had met them previously on our 2013 Riviera Med cruise and encouraged them to give the Caribbean a try. They did a B2B and we were on their second leg.

IMO, having cruised in the Caribbean on Riviera the past two winters, the demographic is very much North American, but it will be interesting to see if a February cruise over American holidays attracts any different than our two mid-January cruises. Mostly retirees, but my husband still works full-time so no extra nights in Miami!

Edited by CintiPam