Question: "Full payment required"

Wol

If you go to your account in the Oceania site and look at your booked cruises, there is an entry showing when you paid the deposit and just below it one saying "Full payment by" (or similar).

We are in the habit of paying in full when booking (gets rid of the currency exchange worries) but even weeks later the "Full payment by" date is still up there, as if Oceania haven't received it

Anyone know if that date is merely a reminder of when you *have* to pay, or does it reflect that Oceania has actually received payment? If the latter, someone in the middle is hanging onto our cash!

Did you pay by CC or cash to someone?

When I make a payment via my TA is shows on my cc statement paid to Oceania

This is Australia, things are never quite what they seem!

We always pay by CC but weeks later there's still the "Pay in full by" field in the "My account". I am just wondering if this is the same for everyone - ie. just a standard reminder, or a "receipt".

sorry I never really noticed on my account I go by my CC statement

you could email Mike Moore he may have the answer

I hadn't thought of that - I have sent him an email and link to this thread.

Thanks.

The date that appears there is the date the final payment is due, regardless of when it is actually paid.

Thank you, Mike - that's what I thought must be the case but I did want to make sure that the payment had actually gone all the way from my wallet to that of Oceania!

Sometimes when you pay a TA, they can hold it until payment is due. Most I think TA's send it off to "O"---and you should use a credit card to be safe and earn miles or points.

This way you know that "O" got the payment. Also your credit card has insurance for you and your payment.

Rick