Terrace cafe opening times Riviera

bennyblanco

Hello, my wife and I are sailing the Oceania Riviera on jan. 23rd.

My question is because in some ports we leave late (11:00PM), until how late will they serve dinner at the Terrace Cafe, so we can enjoy the islands to the max before heading back to the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, my wife and I are sailing the Oceania Riviera on jan. 23rd.

My question is because in some ports we leave late (11:00PM), until how late will they serve dinner at the Terrace Cafe, so we can enjoy the islands to the max before heading back to the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Just checked my copies of Currents from May cruise where we had some late departures

Terrace closes at 9 PM GDR 9:30 pm

Room service is 24/7

Edited by LHT28

Lyn's closing time of 9pm jibes with my memory of Terrace's closing time BUT bear in mind that they start removing food before that. We've been in Terrace around 9pm when they were just starting removal, because there were still a number of people eating. But we've also been there when they started shutting down stations somewhat earlier. (The wait staff does come around to warn people that food is being removed!) It would be very risky to show up even at 9pm and think you can have dinner. It might work ... it might not. (Plus, you'd be rushed.)

If OP wants to stay on land as late as possible, I think they should plan on dining on shore (which eliminates touring possibilities) or plan on room service for dinner.

Am I wrong in thinking that even though GDR shuts down at 9:30, you can enter about that time? If so, that would be the latest that you could enter a restaurant and be served. BUT if you've been running around all day in your jeans or shorts, you'd have to change before going into the restaurant ... not a likely option. (At least you don't have to get into a formal gown or a tux.)

If you can plan on being back on board by 8pm, you have options. And if you are in a suite you MIGHT be able to order in from one of the restaurants ... although that's probably unlikely as well. Your butler should know before close to the end of the evening that you'll want to be dining in.

Mura