Changing classic beverage for premium non alcoholic package?

beason641

We got the classic package included with our cruise when we booked. (Had no choice in the matter or we would have chosen a different option.). I don't drink, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever switched out an included package for a different one that costs less? In some ways I'd be losing some value, but I'd be gaining it in fancy waters and frozen drinks, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by beason641

What are the difference between the classic package and the premium non alcoholic for non alcoholic drinkers? I was planning to do the same as I'm alergic to alcohol.

I'm gonna have to downgrade to ensure I am not served alcohol by accident. On Royal Caribbean, Even when I have been requesting virgin sometimes in the past, one or twice, they were about to do a alcoholic one till they saw my package and doubled checked.

If they don't allow it, it might ruin my vacation (literally)

My understanding is that those who have been successful making this swap went directly to guest relations onboard and asked to change packages before making any purchases on their seapass.

I considered it because I would rather have access to all the NA options than any alcohol options, but in the end, didn't bother to try because I discovered that (at least, last May) the Classic alcohol package covers all the NA options except for "premium bottled water" (Evian, Perrier, etc.) which I don't care for, and Vitamin Water. I was a teensy bit wistful when I asked to try the sugar-free Vitamin Water lemonade flavor (there aren't that many diet drink options on board and I was getting tired of Sprite Zero) and found out it wasn't on my package, but that was the only thing I couldn't have.

My sister will be changing her classic bev package to NA premium package when we start our cruise in July. If she has to pay a upcharge so be it.

Will go to guest relations as soon as we board.

Honestly - it is a disgrace for any company not to allow such a downgrade. Deserves negative press if they don't. I drink alcohol but that is a personal choice. Those who don't should not be penalised - the package is included in the price.

Sent from my iPhone 7s using Tapatalk

Edited by Pavovsky

My understanding is that those who have been successful making this swap went directly to guest relations onboard and asked to change packages before making any purchases on their seapass.

We went directly to guest relations upon boarding, and as I mentioned below, the change was made to DH's package cheerfully and immediately while I retained the classic package. He doesn't drink alcohol and wanted the sparkly premium water.

Betsy

The only reason we upgraded to Premium was for Molecular bar...no reason to do so now since it will be gone by our Solstice.

And we had OBC to pay for the upgrade. O well.....:rolleyes:

HOwever, since my classic pkg was a booking incentive, i.e. I didn't actually pay for it, therefore, why should I be given a refund to downgrade??

Edited by BecciBoo

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Millennium yesterday. We tried to downgrade to Premium non-alcoholic package and were denied. We went to Guest Relations immediately upon boarding the ship. Still had a great trip even without the upgrade!

I have done it about 5 times. It isn't really an upgrade as the premium non alcoholic costs a lot less than the classic alcoholic. We have asked at test relations or the bar manager and all seemed fine.

I have previously emailed Michael bAyleys office on the subject and he agreed it should be done

They told that they would have to confirm that it is possible with the head office. So they took my name and cabin number. They called late afternoon of the second day and said no. They did offer me the option to change to a different perk but not to change the alcohol package.

FYI I was able to make the change by going to Guest Relations once on board and basically begging and reassuring multiple times that I wasn't looking for any money back.

We got the classic package included with our cruise when we booked. (Had no choice in the matter or we would have chosen a different option.). I don't drink, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever switched out an included package for a different one that costs less? In some ways I'd be losing some value, but I'd be gaining it in fancy waters and frozen drinks, lol.

I heard one person say they couldn't, most report no worries.

We are going to try this on the Solstice in October. My adult son and teen son don't drink and we got the classic alcohol package for both staterooms. My husband and I want to pay to upgrade ours to premium alcoholic and downgrade theirs to a premium non alcoholic without any refund. I hope we can. If not, then them having the classic non alcoholic offerings aren't too bad.