Wine Makers Dinner

Elainemh

It was offered on the Regal in April 2015 and since the Royal & Regal are the only ships currently in the fleet with a Wine Cellar area in the Symphony (and/or Concerto?) then it should be offered on your cruise & I agree that it was fantastic. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It was offered on the Regal in April 2015 and since the Royal & Regal are the only ships currently in the fleet with a Wine Cellar area in the Symphony (and/or Concerto?) then it should be offered on your cruise & I agree that it was fantastic. :)

My family and I won't pay the price for the Chef's Table but we may consider this. How many people per cruise are selected? How do you sign up?

My family and I won't pay the price for the Chef's Table but we may consider this. How many people per cruise are selected? How do you sign up?

Each Winemakers Dinner seats 10 people & you call the DINE line to request it. With limited participation you should call as soon as possible. My Royal & Regal cruises were 10 to 17 days and the WM Dinner was held about every 4-5 days.

There are 3 menus however the Michael Mondavi filet mignon menu is most popular & is the one usually used. On our longer cruises we considered going a second time but with the same menu we decided not to go again.

Here's a link to the Mondavi menu, a photo of the Wine Cellar & some thoughts about our experience. The only negative is that it's only available on the Royal & Regal. The CT in the MDR was successful long before the Lumiere's ring of lights & Princess could have the same success by having the WM Dinner on other ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939851

We've been at the Winemaker's dinner on both Royal and Regal. Have to agree that it is a better value than the Chef's Table, although when we were at CT the meal was prepared and served by Chef Marzi and really was worthwhile.

On a B2B a year ago we went to Winemaker's Dinner on each leg. Really hoping the concept will extend to Majestic next year.

We did both Chef's Table and the Wine Makers Dinner in April/May on Regal, they were both outstanding. We also did a wine dinner in Sabatinis, as I recall it was $35 each with a set menu. The food was not good and you could get the same wines anywhere on the ship, don't waste your money if this is offered.

Would this be offered on a 5 day cruise?

Laura

I haven't been on 5 day Royal or Regal cruise however it's doubtful to me.

I don't recall the Chef's Table being offered on cruises less than a week long & my Winemakers Dinners have been offered with the same frequency. Even if someone previously had it on a 5 day cruise that doesn't mean it'd be offered on your cruise because it's the onboard staff who decides how often it's offered. So I'd recommend calling the DINE line when you board to ask if it's available on your cruise.