Docking in Amsterdam

P&O SUE

We are going to Amsterdam in October on Azura, well I hope we are! I am fully aware that in high winds we might not get in. We are due to be there for a day and a half so a large chunk of the cruise, as it's for 5nights, will be "spoilt" if we don't make it.

I was wondering what thoughts people had about the chance of docking somewhere else if it is too windy? I know other lines use Rotterdam but I don't know if P&O ever go there.

Yes, we went to Rotterdam when Azura was unable to get into Amsterdam, Nov/Dec 2014, I think. It's a nice enough place, with a maritime museum, an undercover shopping centre etc, though obviously nothing like as big as Amsterdam. I think a lot of the coach trips to the countryside etc left from Rotterdam, so those pax didn't miss out.

Thank you for asking Sue - we have just booked this cruise and were thinking the same.

First time out of Southampton and on P and O for us - so really looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoy it and we have calm weather :)

Last Christmas we were diverted to Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam, on Aurora, for the day. We were informed 2 days beforehand that this would happen due to an impending storm we were due to sail through (and did). All the tours went from Rotterdam at no extra cost. Meant we saw more countryside :) But we did miss Amsterdam!!! Our half day tour became a full day one with the extra travel.

Last Christmas we were diverted to Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam, on Aurora, for the day. We were informed 2 days beforehand that this would happen due to an impending storm we were due to sail through (and did). All the tours went from Rotterdam at no extra cost. Meant we saw more countryside :) But we did miss Amsterdam!!! Our half day tour became a full day one with the extra travel.

Thank you, you have all given me hope!