Cheers program break even chart?

tizbo1423

The problem I have w/ cheers is, all adults in the cabin have to buy it. My wife isn't really a drinker, so it's not worth it for her. I on the other hand, could find a way, as much as it pains me, to make cheers cost effective for myself. But I fear I'd be unable to drink for two for 7 days straight without doing major damage.

I agree with you and am in the same situation.

In addition, it's harder to get in the required number of drinks on port days as you'll be off the ship for much of the day. And on most 7 day cruises, that's 4 of the 7 days

Edited by LuckyZ

I agree with you and am in the same situation.

In addition, it's harder to get in the required number of drinks on port days as you'll be off the ship for much of the day. And on most 7 day cruises, that's 4 of the 7 days

Regarding port days, you're back on board from 500 pm to 100 am, giving you 8 hours of drinking. At a very slow pace of 1 drink per hour, you're ahead of the game regarding the break even point.

Regarding port days, you're back on board from 500 pm to 100 am, giving you 8 hours of drinking. At a very slow pace of 1 drink per hour, you're ahead of the game regarding the break even point.

I've seen hundreds of threads and thousands of posts on this subject and the best math you can use to make your decision is

- if you're a big drinker, get it

- if you're a casual drinker, it's probably not worth it

Edited by LuckyZ

How much are the buckets of beer on ship and how many are in it ?

The cost depends on what type of beer in your bucket.. you get 4 beers in a bucket and you save 50cents per beer... So by buying a bucket of 4 you save 2.00 in total... Buckets are not covered under the cheers program

Or if you drink beer it's prob not worth it since they are cheaper than mixed drinks

Really, 10 beers would be break even, the next 5 are free

What no one mentions is the convenience. The chart is difficult to read as it assumes you are drinking only one type of drink.

What no one mentions is the convenience. The chart is difficult to read as it assumes you are drinking only one type of drink.

Very true....4 beers and 4 shots over the course of a day, whether it's a port day or a sea day and you're ahead of the game.

• 10 months later...
I'm confused...lol. Can you get shots on this deal and can you use your cheers program at dinner?

1) You can get a shot every 5 minutes, up to 15 shots / day.

2) You can (and should) use cheers at dinner! I'm guessing you're meaning dinner in the MDR and or the steakhouse/cucina if its on the ship you're sailing on. Be aware that drink service in the MDR can be slow so try to get your first drink ordered early. You can also order a bottle of San Pellegrino water. Be aware that Cheers does not cover the drinks that come with glasses you can keep that they walk around with during dinner service.

• 1 month later...
Domestic drafts are 4.50 per pint, imports and Thirsty Frog Red are 5.50. Domestic 16 oz bottles are 5.75, Bud Lime Lime is 6.25 for some reason. 16 oz imports are 5.95, 12 oz imports are 4.95 and Foster's Oil cans are 7.75. 16 oz Strongbow and Angry Orchard ciders are 5.75.

plus 15% gratuity each.

You pay the 15% gratuity on the Cheers program upfront. It is based on the cost of the program on a daily basis. It is the same amount whether you order one or fifteen alcoholic drinks per day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you are correct. I just thought since you were giving drink prices, which don't matter if you get Cheers!, unless you have one that cost over $50. if you were talking about prices that one would pay if they were paying per drink. And the per drink price would add an extra 15%.

My 2nd day on the cruise, we came back 9/17/16, I kept up with my drinks. It would have cost me $107.90. Sounds like a super drunk, right? But, 2 of the specialty coffees were over $15.00, bloody mary, 3 beers, $25, glass of champagne (you can go to the Steakhouse bar and get better quality drinks) mango dacquiri and wine with dinner. Boom! Oh, and I forgot, I had a couple of milkshakes. I stopped keeping up with it after that as I just liked the feeling I could order anything I wanted, as it was paid for. I got a cucumber something in the Alchemy bar that I did not like. No problem, ditch it and 5 minutes can get something else. I tried to find something close to the $50. range and the closest I could find was either port, brandy or scotch in the steakhouse bar.:)

Cruezlover55....My posting about the drink prices was a specific answer to post #24 back on post #25 that was from January of 2015. Many things have changed since then, including of course the new ceiling on the Cheers program going from 10 to 50 bucks per drink and of course the inclusion of many different types of new drinks including espresso based and milkshakes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Also, don't forget the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks you get as well. Specialty coffee, energy drinks, maybe grab a few bottles of water for shore excursions, frozen non-alcoholic drinks, ect. It wouldn't be hard at all , I think, for even a casual drinker to break even.

My problem with Cheers is that you are limited to 15 drinks/day.

So what am I supposed to do after lunch? :confused::eek:

Ways around the 15 drink/day have been discussed ad nauseam.

If you hit 15/day chances are you are pretty far ahead for that day!

On a 7 day cruise I will hit the 15 limit at least 2 times and come close a 3rd, being a mix of cocktails, liquor and beer. Those 3 days pay for my week of CHEERS! Everything else is a savings.

Edited by cmukid87

With he new drinks up to $50 deal with Cheers the fishbowl drink s in the red frog pub should be included correct? Imagine 15 of those! Assuming the towers of beer and pitchers drinks from Pool side bars the are not included

15 Fosters Oil Cans or 15 Long Island Iced Teas will solve that problem very easily.

When I'm on any kind of drink program that's when I get to enjoy the fuffy drinks that maybe have less alcohol content but are very tasty. If I'm drinking Long Island teas I would have to stop after two or three max or I would be unconscious!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app