Ochos Rios Beach Question

halos

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a beach not too, too far from the port (don't mind hopping in a taxi, but not for 1/2 hour ride) where I can find a beach that has both chairs AND umbrellas. I am travelling with a very fair skinned family.

So far it looks like Bamboo and Turtle (Ochos Rio Bay) Beaches only have chairs. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The margaritaville actually has a nice beach but not a great view (in an industrial harbor type setting). The sand is soft and they have a lot of chairs. Bamboo is faily nice, but rough gravely sand and no good snorkeling. Food is better at bamboo. The jewel runaway bay has a nice beach and water park but is 30 minutes away. You might want to try the jewel dunns river for a day pass.

The margaritaville actually has a nice beach but not a great view (in an industrial harbor type setting). The sand is soft and they have a lot of chairs. Bamboo is faily nice, but rough gravely sand and no good snorkeling. Food is better at bamboo. The jewel runaway bay has a nice beach and water park but is 30 minutes away. You might want to try the jewel dunns river for a day pass.

Not sure how old the fair skin family members are but The Jewel Dunn's River is adults only.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked up some beaches about 18-21 minutes away from the port in Ocho Rios since I will be going there in a couple of weeks. I am not very adventurous and my husband and I rather do something more low pace. I read that Bamboo beach and Turtle beach were somewhat crowded but not too bad. The two beaches I found other than those two were: Sugar Pot Beach, and James Bond Beach. They seemed beautiful, but I am unsure about whether or not they provide lounge chairs and umbrellas. Trip Advisor did give both of them really good ratings. So maybe look into those beaches.

Doctors Cave is one of our favorites! It's a great beach with a restaurant and an awesome roped off area for swimming (no giant fish can get through). We've been there many times. It's near Montego Bay though and further from Ocho Rios. Right down the street from it is Margaritaville.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
We are headed to Ocho Rios in February 2018. Can someone tell me what the cost is to rent beach chairs and umbrella's. Also is there WiFi? Thank you

We are doing the Superbowl cruise on the Vista ...B2B with the week before it :cool:

• 3 months later...