Faster To The Fun - On the Pride

lar42

We had FTTF last summer. We arrived at 11 and were in board by 1230. Dropped off our bags, had lunch and was in the pool by 2. Received our luggage and was unpacked before muster.

Great experience for us in Baltimore and we will always try to get FTTF.

"Using the FTTF Availability app is much easier."

Oh....I would love to know more about this app!

I'm trying to get FTTF for the Pride sailing on 3/13/16. If there's an easier way other than checking several times a day, I would love to know how!

• 1 month later...

I logged on one day for my May cruise, and it was available, so i took it. I was thinking of cancelling, but it seems like that might be silly to do. We are driving down from NJ so no real rush... so is it worth it? For HMC, can you just go down to the tender whenever you want? or do you have to meet at the certain time?

Just logged on and get FTTF for the March 27,2016 on the Pride out of Baltimore!!! So excited :)

I've been checking a couple times each day and timed it right today!

55 Days :)

Yipppeee. To the front of the line you go. Platinum snobs will look down on you.

We had our first cruise ever a few weeks ago, on the Pride. We had FTTF and it more than paid for itself. Congratulations on being able to get it! We're going to try to purchase it for every cruise until we reach platinum.

I logged on one day for my May cruise, and it was available, so i took it. I was thinking of cancelling, but it seems like that might be silly to do. We are driving down from NJ so no real rush... so is it worth it? For HMC, can you just go down to the tender whenever you want? or do you have to meet at the certain time?

Unless you have a cabana, FTTF is the best! You get priority tendering with either one. You can't just get on whenever you want unless you want to stay on the ship for half the day :rolleyes: If you don't have a cabana, an excursion, FTTF or a platinum/diamond card, you have to go down and get a tender number. I think its the night before to Guest Services. I'd keep the FTTF.

We drive down from NJ too - the night before. We had a hotel shuttle drop us off early and got to board behind the platinum and diamond.

Sailed the Pride a couple weeks ago with FTTF ... and it was sold out but I got my name on the "email waiting list" several months before the cruise (in addition to stalking the site DAILY) ... although it never was available online, I got an email a few days in advance that I was "ADDED" here are my thoughts:

--It did not appear on my documents prior to the cruise, and be aware in Baltimore they tell you to see "the head porter" to get the FTTF luggage tags, well this is a tent all the way across the parking lot - there was no "manifest" and they took my word that I was FTTF and just gave me the luggage tags.

--There was always a line for Guest Services and I was glad I had FTTF and could just walk up to the other side and get helped immediately.

--Unless you have a Cabana, you NEED FTTF to be on the first tender ... otherwise all the clamshells will be rented by the time you get there. We were on the first tender and pretty much had our pick of clamshells but they were all rented by the time the second tender arrived. If you don't want a clamshell (and some shade) then you'll be fine.

--FTTF makes disembarkation so easy ... cause we get off FIRST and have NO line at customs.

I never want to cruise without FTTF!!!! I have 5 cruises booked right now, and after these 5 I'll finally be Plat so wont need it anymore!

You will enjoy the pride! We had a great cruise.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Glad for you that you got it if that's what you want. In four sailings, I've never bought it and didn't think it worth the money. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've always gotten to the port early (fly in the night before) and have little to no hassle or lines boarding. Three out of four sailings, our luggage was at the cabin fairly early. Don't use Guest Services much but did have to on the Glory last October and the lines were horrendous so I guess it would have come in handy then. Tenders - didn't mind waiting with our group to be called. Also - I've read the plat and diamond criticisms that those perks should not be available to be bought, but should be earned - and I do kind of agree with that.

However, having said that, my DIL wanted us to get the FTTF this next cruise (October) because if the grandson's needed to nap as soon as we got on board, the room would be ready. She also wanted it for the tender to HMC. So I bought it, hoping I didn't waste sixty bucks. Since we are going on the Valor, a bigger ship (we love the smaller, Fantasy class ships but the kids want the amenities of the larger ones for the grandkids), which will probably have guest service lines, I guess it will come in handy if I need guest services but I will feel badly for having "purchased" the perks that others have worked hard for and jumping the line with them. But I'm like that, lol, all for earning and working hard for rewards. Just my two cents.

I sailed the Pride out of Baltimore on 2/28 and I am platinum. They boarded wedding party first and then no particular order after that. FTTF were all mixed in with platinum and diamond.

I am Platinum; wife is Diamond, and we experienced the same thing both at Tampa and Baltimore on the Pride. I think that it just depends upon the port.

I sailed the Pride out of Baltimore on 2/28 and I am platinum. They boarded wedding party first and then no particular order after that. FTTF were all mixed in with platinum and diamond.

That's really unusual for Baltimore. I have taken six cruises in the Pride out of Baltimore in the past few years and diamond/platinum always board before FTTF. They seat d/p in a completely different area and board the. weddings, the diamond/platinum/suites, and then the FTTF (which they seat in a separate room behind us). I've never experienced FTTF being mixed in -- Baltimore always has everything so controlled. I guess I'll see in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's really unusual for Baltimore. I have taken six cruises in the Pride out of Baltimore in the past few years and diamond/platinum always board before FTTF. They seat d/p in a completely different area and board the. weddings, the diamond/platinum/suites, and then the FTTF (which they seat in a separate room behind us). I've never experienced FTTF being mixed in -- Baltimore always has everything so controlled. I guess I'll see in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have to admit that our last experience in Baltimore was NOT typical of other experiences there. The first two times they had the FTTF across the aisle from the Plat/Diamonds. They called the Plats & Diamonds first and the FTTF people waited until we boarded.

The last time I went out of Baltimore when they announced Diamonds, several people in FTTF just got up and started boarding. Nobody tried to stop them and all of the rest of the FTTF side followed with Plats & Diamonds following them.

• 1 month later...

What time do you guys who have used FTTF in Baltimore usually get to port? Husband and I just got it (and the in laws followed us and got it so that if they are strict with boarding times they don't have to wait hours if theirs is a lot later) for our July cruise. In the past we got there around noon and they were already boarding. I don't want to get there so soon that they aren't letting cars in yet, or so that we have to wait for an hour before boarding but also don't want to wait until after noon either.

Sailed the Pride a couple weeks ago with FTTF ... and it was sold out but I got my name on the "email waiting list" several months before the cruise (in addition to stalking the site DAILY) ... although it never was available online, I got an email a few days in advance that I was "ADDED" here are my thoughts:

--It did not appear on my documents prior to the cruise, and be aware in Baltimore they tell you to see "the head porter" to get the FTTF luggage tags, well this is a tent all the way across the parking lot - there was no "manifest" and they took my word that I was FTTF and just gave me the luggage tags.

--There was always a line for Guest Services and I was glad I had FTTF and could just walk up to the other side and get helped immediately.

--Unless you have a Cabana, you NEED FTTF to be on the first tender ... otherwise all the clamshells will be rented by the time you get there. We were on the first tender and pretty much had our pick of clamshells but they were all rented by the time the second tender arrived. If you don't want a clamshell (and some shade) then you'll be fine.

--FTTF makes disembarkation so easy ... cause we get off FIRST and have NO line at customs.

I never want to cruise without FTTF!!!! I have 5 cruises booked right now, and after these 5 I'll finally be Plat so wont need it anymore!

You will enjoy the pride! We had a great cruise.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

What is the email address for the waiting list? Thanks!