Conquest Jamica Cruise

Express Man

Hey All...

Sorry for last minute questions. This is a last minute cruise I booked today, Just found out I can get a week vacation in 2 weeks...Yay me....LOL

With short notice I only had 1 option as far as dates it was Aug 10th on Conquest. No less I will be working Aug 9th day before and leaving work to travel 10 hrs Sunday night to get to Port early this was true last minute..For sure.

Looking for any advice on ship, Must do's onboard. Ports will be Ocho Rios Jamaica. I heard Dunn River Falls was awesome..Wasn't sure if there was any excursions to do Falls alone w/o CCL booking or if it was better thru CCL. Reason I say that is I done past Island adventurers on our own and saved some $$ for same or better experience on past ports.

Second Port is Grand Cayman Islands. Have not had much time to really research either port as work has me tied down. So I thought I would ask here for advice of those whom been there and narrow it down from there.

One of the Ports I just plan a simple beach day which ever port is best where ship ports. Hoping one is ships own area where fees are not needed. Other Port I plan of booking what may be needed.

Just with 5 more day I have at night to look and book with for ideas the more advice the better. No less I need to shop and plan my packing. Work is taking all my planning time away what little I have so any help you all can advise would be great.

Our details- Family of 4 Me and Wife with 2 kids ,1 son 17 and Daughter 12. All past cruisers.

Thanks in advance.

Hey All...

Sorry for last minute questions. This is a last minute cruise I booked today, Just found out I can get a week vacation in 2 weeks...Yay me....LOL

With short notice I only had 1 option as far as dates it was Aug 10th on Conquest. No less I will be working Aug 9th day before and leaving work to travel 10 hrs Sunday night to get to Port early this was true last minute..For sure.

Looking for any advice on ship, Must do's onboard. Ports will be Ocho Rios Jamaica. I heard Dunn River Falls was awesome..Wasn't sure if there was any excursions to do Falls alone w/o CCL booking or if it was better thru CCL. Reason I say that is I done past Island adventurers on our own and saved some $$ for same or better experience on past ports.

Second Port is Grand Cayman Islands. Have not had much time to really research either port as work has me tied down. So I thought I would ask here for advice of those whom been there and narrow it down from there.

One of the Ports I just plan a simple beach day which ever port is best where ship ports. Hoping one is ships own area where fees are not needed. Other Port I plan of booking what may be needed.

Just with 5 more day I have at night to look and book with for ideas the more advice the better. No less I need to shop and plan my packing. Work is taking all my planning time away what little I have so any help you all can advise would be great.

Our details- Family of 4 Me and Wife with 2 kids ,1 son 17 and Daughter 12. All past cruisers.

Thanks in advance.

Do DRF, the family will enjoy it. You may not have time to locate a reputable independent, so just do it through the ship.

Cayman can be your beach day. Tender, go to the street and question the van drivers about where they drop people off at different resorts/beach clubs on 7 mile beach. The public beach is the least expensive and actually has good local food. You can "rent" loungers from a local. If you go to a resort/beachclub, the admit fare usually includes a lounger and an umbrella.

Have fun,

You can get a cab at the port to carry you to Dunns River Falls ( and stay with you, if you desire). Always cabs available there. In GC Captain Marvin does a very good Stingray City tour. and there are many others. The becahes are nice in GC, but all the clubs/snack bars are fairly expensive as most other things there tend to be.

You don't too much about your likes/dislikes

If you only have those 2 ports, here are my suggestions.

Ocho Rios.....there is a nice beach about a 10 minute walk from the ship.

Go to main street turn left ....I think it's called Bay Beach it's on the left, the entrance is through a mall type (bunch of stores) Ask if you are not sure. If you pass a gas station you went too far. It cost $3 to get in. There is security, lifeguard, bar, picnic benches and shade trees, chairs to rent etc. People will offer to take you out in their boat to the reef. The water was nice, the beach was nice, quite a few fish at the broken wharf, otherwise not much for snorkeling. Nobody pushy or aggressive. Nice setting, you can see the ship. Fairly quiet, guess everyone must be at Dunn's falls ( I know it's busy there ) You can do some souvenir shopping on your way back to the ship.

In Grand Cayman.....I would go to Stingray City. If you have never been and like the water, I would say it is something not to miss. Check it out on the internet. There are many private reliable operators that will bring you there as well as ship excursions. If you go to the Port of Calls - Grand Cayman threads you will find the name of many people that offer tours. The tours will typically bring you to a couple of snorkeling sites after going to Stingray city.

have a great trip

My family is doing the same cruise (or darn close) on Conquest over Thanksgiving. We have climbed DRF and it's challenging. Crowded when we were there. We are checking out the Blue Hole through Liberty Tours. Carnival doesn't offer this excursion. Check out this video, you can see more than just the big jumps on it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195306

I also recommend Stingray City in GC. Great experience! We did an excursion with Capt Marvin which was great and this cruise we are joining others from our roll call on Soto's.

Are you going to Cozumel as well?

I second Blue Hole. The most beautiful place we've been to; much better than Dunn's River Falls. You can combine it with tubing down White River. We booked through Courtney Taylor. Highly recommended.

In Grand Caymen, we did Stingray City with Moby Dick Tours, followed by a beach day at a beach club on Seven Mile Beach. Sorry, can't recall the name but Mark from Moby dropped us off.