Boarding> turning Platinum > Priority Boarding Question

C&THollings

On my next cruise I will turn Platinum. My PVP had noted my account as a temporary VIFP level in my booking.

My question is to anyone who leveled up, did you get the priority boarding. I take it would print out on your boarding pass? Since I don't cruise till May 2018, I have not printed them yet. I have FTTF booked for my elderly parents as standing in line does not work well for her. I know they are two different boarding areas, but they are usually close to one another. This I hope will allow me to help them board.

Please advise if did receive the priority boarding when changing level during your cruise.

Yes, your paperwork and luggage tags will say "Priority". We had the same experience two cruises ago when my wife became platinum. I became platinum on our last cruise in July and the boarding pass said priority, and our luggage tags actually said "FTTF". Congrats on reaching Platinum. :D:D

Yes, your paperwork and luggage tags will say "Priority". We had the same experience two cruises ago when my wife became platinum. I became platinum on our last cruise in July and the boarding pass said priority, and our luggage tags actually said "FTTF". Congrats on reaching Platinum. :D:D

agreed

Just want to say, and I hope I'm wrong here, that the policy may have changed. I am also leveling up midway through the second leg of a B2B. My PVP said that the "new policy" is that you're not Platinum until the actual day you level up, and that new cards would be issued that day. That does not really help me with the laundry issue! I hope he's wrong. He did say it might be at the discretion of the ship and to talk to guest services. But he was very firm that it's the new policy. Hope he's wrong.

on your booking page you can look at your documents. go to :

-my cruise manager

-cruise details

-view cruise documents

-click on print luggage tags (it will show you luggage tag)

-click back on cruise details tab

-click view cruise documents again

-click print general information

-scroll down to the booking summary it will tell you your vifp level on that cruise. (mine shows platinum on my next cruise in which i will turn platinum during the cruise.)

-you can't open the print boarding pass until after you make final payment.

Just want to say, and I hope I'm wrong here, that the policy may have changed. I am also leveling up midway through the second leg of a B2B. My PVP said that the "new policy" is that you're not Platinum until the actual day you level up, and that new cards would be issued that day. That does not really help me with the laundry issue! I hope he's wrong. He did say it might be at the discretion of the ship and to talk to guest services. But he was very firm that it's the new policy. Hope he's wrong.

Get a new PVP. This is wrong and has been proven wrong each time someone quotes their PVP as saying "it is a new policy".

Anyone can check their documents to see their level on an upcoming cruise.

If you are doing a b2b it may not show as yet since you have not sailed the first leg that will put you at the next level during the second leg.

Get a new PVP. This is wrong and has been proven wrong each time someone quotes their PVP as saying "it is a new policy".

Anyone can check their documents to see their level on an upcoming cruise.

If you are doing a b2b it may not show as yet since you have not sailed the first leg that will put you at the next level during the second leg.

Ive switched my booking to a TA anyway. Yes I'm thinking that once my first cruise is over I'll be priority, not that it will matter for boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my next cruise I will turn Platinum. My PVP had noted my account as a temporary VIFP level in my booking.

My question is to anyone who leveled up, did you get the priority boarding. I take it would print out on your boarding pass? Since I don't cruise till May 2018, I have not printed them yet. I have FTTF booked for my elderly parents as standing in line does not work well for her. I know they are two different boarding areas, but they are usually close to one another. This I hope will allow me to help them board.

Please advise if did receive the priority boarding when changing level during your cruise.

One option is to wait with your parents in the FTTF area. Then you can board with them when it's their turn.

CT, if your Platinum, don't waste your money on FTTF, you have all the same benefots and more

This is true only if C&THollings' parents are in the same cabin. If not, they cannot embark with VIPs.

If your parents have mobility issues for embark/debark request wheelchair assistance. My in-laws were opposed to it, until they actually got onboard. Then they were grateful for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will move up to Platinum on the 2nd leg of our upcoming B2B. We booked each cruise at different times, and once they were linked and final payment had passed, both sets of documents 'magically' changed and had Priority and Platinum on them. So we will have Platinum perks for both legs. I think the key is to make sure the bookings are linked.

We will move up to Platinum on the 2nd leg of our upcoming B2B. We booked each cruise at different times, and once they were linked and final payment had passed, both sets of documents 'magically' changed and had Priority and Platinum on them. So we will have Platinum perks for both legs. I think the key is to make sure the bookings are linked.

Oooh that would be nice. Yes they are linked; I made them at the same time. I'll wait until final payment, which is not until April 3, to find out.

Thank you!

Check your luggage tags, they will say priority on them. When you check your luggage at the port, make sure he puts the orange sticker on all luggage. Guess what happens if its not applied? Your luggage wont be in your cabin when you arrive there.