Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

11179 is a large corner balcony cabin.

it will only have a view forward.

It is a standard cabin 192 sq ft( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) The balcony is 124 sq ft

SEE image below

12106 and 12111 are both standard cabins ; 192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

Both are within the main recessed area; 12106 is nearer the centre than 12111 and is therefore a better position from the point of view of having a wider field of view.

So which is the better of 11179 or 12106 will depend on your liking for a large balcony with limited views or a standard balcony with better field of view.

I would always have a balcony over an OV and would never have an inside unless it was an absolute bargain and there no other OV or balonies available.

it can get very crowded on Divina's pubic decks so i'd say a balcony is a must

Standard balcony

P1020628.jpg

Similar balcony to 11179

cornerbalcony.jpg

Pete

Thank you so much for the info! I think we would prefer the views over the size of the balcony because we're only two people + also a corner balcony might not get much sun. I'm sure they're both lovely either way! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bret, could you provide me some info for cabin 11230? We'll take two little kids this Christmas on it. Thank you!

Hi Brett!

your thread is amazing!! I am cruising for the 1st time and just booked 11150 - I scrolled through many pages before posting - so far didn't see a review for this cabin -

Thank you for your time -

Therese

Hi Brett!

your thread is amazing!! I am cruising for the 1st time and just booked 11150 - I scrolled through many pages before posting - so far didn't see a review for this cabin -

Therese

Need to add more info - this is our 1st cruise on MSC line :)

we are cruising the Divina - 3/5 - Western Caribbean out of Miami and I am interested in know more - so surfing this forum for all the info - I have cruised Disney, RCCI and NCL - in the past - Thank you

Hi Brett!

Therese

11150 is a standard balcony of 192sq ft (living area 168 ; bathroom 24) with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

It is on the hump so will have good views in all directions and will not suffer from the deck 14 overhang.

It is directly opposite the entance to the main bank of lifts, which some say is very convenient for getting around the ship, others worry about noise from inconsiderate guests.

Pete

i'm away on holiday from now until 29 July so won't be able to answer an oother questions until then. Others should be able to help.

11150 is a standard balcony of 192sq ft (living area 168 ; bathroom 24) with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

It is on the hump so will have good views in all directions and will not suffer from the deck 14 overhang.

It is directly opposite the entance to the main bank of lifts, which some say is very convenient for getting around the ship, others worry about noise from inconsiderate guests.

Pete

i'm away on holiday from now until 29 July so won't be able to answer an oother questions until then. Others should be able to help.

Thank you Pete!! You're Awesome!! Have a great Holiday!

Therese

• 1 month later...

Just booked 11010 on Fantasia for a Med cruise in January. It seems that it is in the exact same location as 11010 on Divina. If anybody has sailed on that cabin before would apprecciate your thoughts on location, how quiet it was, etc.

Thanks

booked in cabin 13180 - January MSC Divina cruise.

First timer on this line. Any insight into this cabin?

IMHO it is one of the least desirable balcony cabins

1) it is directly below the buffet and so will get overhead noise from dragging chairs , tables etc early morning.

2) it will be badly affected by the deck 14 overhang and get very little , if any, sun. Of course you may see that as a plus if you don't like the sun.

3) it is in the rear recess up against the hump wall so will have a very limited (less than 90 degrees) field of view. NO view forward at all.

other than that it is 192 sq feet (168 living area; 24 bathroom) ; 42 sq ft balcony.

here is an image of where the cabin is and you can see the MASSIVE overhang and hump wall

13180.jpg

Pete

i have 10040, hope this is ok. any info and pics?

They are both standard !92 sq ft balcony cabins with 42 sq ft balcony.

Pete

You have the first of the Plexiglas balconies on deck 10, so no steel balcony to worry about.

As you are on the front hump the views will be totally unobstructed in all directions.

Standard cabin of 192 sq ft (living area 168; bathroom 24) balcony 42 sq ft. The balcony will be the same as the top image in post #401 at the top of this page.. there should be 2 chairs and 1 little table

Some people will say that the negative points are that it will be more susceptible to movement as it is forward, and that it is a long walk to the MDR.

So if you have no mobility problems and there are no very rough seas you have a great cabin

This is where it is on the ship

100040.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

thanks Pete,

do you mean that we will feel the ship sails more in front .. so if you are seasick, it's not a good place .. or do you think that it is because it is far from any thing, and so do not mind go. we are in good shape, so it will not mean much to go a little .. but have a daughter who have tried to sail smaller ships, where the movement was bad, and she did not like ... is it a better cabin you can recommend, or is it fine with the 10,040th

QUOTE=Skier52;47547334]You have the first of the Plexiglas balconies on deck 10, so no steel balcony to worry about.

As you are on the front hump the views will be totally unobstructed in all directions.

Standard cabin of 192 sq ft (living area 168; bathroom 24) balcony 42 sq ft. The balcony will be the same as the top image in post #401 at the top of this page.. there should be 2 chairs and 1 little table

Some people will say that the negative points are that it will be more susceptible to movement as it is forward, and that it is a long walk to the MDR.

So if you have no mobility problems and there are no very rough seas you have a great cabin

100040.jpg

Pete

Skier52 (Pete),

I was just assigned to Divina cabin 10138. I know the stats on the cabin, but could you post a picture from the outside of the ship with the location circled in red? If you have it thanks in advance.

Cindy

here you go

10138.jpg

Pete

thanks Pete,

do you mean that we will feel the ship sails more in front .. so if you are seasick, it's not a good place .. or do you think that it is because it is far from any thing, and so do not mind go. we are in good shape, so it will not mean much to go a little .. but have a daughter who have tried to sail smaller ships, where the movement was bad, and she did not like ... is it a better cabin you can recommend, or is it fine with the 10,040th

You have the first of the Plexiglas balconies on deck 10, so no steel balcony to worry about.

100040.jpg

Pete

i mean That in general the forward and aft areas of any ship will have more movement than the midships of the same deck.

In addition the higher decks move more than the lower decks for the same distance along the ship.

So the very worst place for movement would be a cabin on deck 16 looking forward (16001 -16006). Those are cabins in the Yacht Club !! where people pay a lot of money to go.

The least movement would be a cabin on deck 5 in the middle of the ship say 5070 -5080.

Divina is a very large ship and very well stabilised , so it would need quite bad weather to get any real movement, in which case ALL cabins will suffer movement , just different amounts.

Check the typical weather for the area you are sailing in before moving cabins, because all the midship cabins are in the recessed area and have varying degrees of problems associated with fields of view, lifeboats and the overhang.

If you are sailing in the Caribbean, or the Med in the summer, the chances of a gentle sea state are high, and so any movement would be minimal.

You will be a long way from the MDR but a short walk to the theatre

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete,

We have got upgrade for B2 cabin 10151. It's OK location a bit close to the hump wall. Would you know what is in the blank serviece area across the hallway from 10147 - 10151? Crew elevators, stairs, cabins or something else. Any suspectible noise?

Thanks in advance,

Olga

HEY PETE, will go in march 2016, so maybe the weather is more stabile...?

nicole

i mean That in general the forward and aft areas of any ship will have more movement than the midships of the same deck.

In addition the higher decks move more than the lower decks for the same distance along the ship.

So the very worst place for movement would be a cabin on deck 16 looking forward (16001 -16006). Those are cabins in the Yacht Club !! where people pay a lot of money to go.

The least movement would be a cabin on deck 5 in the middle of the ship say 5070 -5080.

Divina is a very large ship and very well stabilised , so it would need quite bad weather to get any real movement, in which case ALL cabins will suffer movement , just different amounts.

Check the typical weather for the area you are sailing in before moving cabins, because all the midship cabins are in the recessed area and have varying degrees of problems associated with fields of view, lifeboats and the overhang.

If you are sailing in the Caribbean, or the Med in the summer, the chances of a gentle sea state are high, and so any movement would be minimal.

You will be a long way from the MDR but a short walk to the theatre

Pete

Pete,

We have got upgrade for B2 cabin 10151. It's OK location a bit close to the hump wall. Would you know what is in the blank serviece area across the hallway from 10147 - 10151? Crew elevators, stairs, cabins or something else. Any suspectible noise?

Thanks in advance,

Olga

Looking at the deck plan and seeing what is above and below the area I would summise that there are 3 storage rooms with a walkway in front of them. That being said I wold not expect there to be much noise as they are behind a partition wall.

I would not be bothered myself it I had a cabin close to that area.

The information above is my best guess and not based on any real knowledge other than a very close look at he deck plans.

Pete