Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Oops take 2. Correct cabin is 13118.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK take 2

It is below a bar on deck 14 so there may be overhead noise from dragging chairs and tables.

there is an overhang above this cabin but it is much smaller than the areas that have a big problem.so if the sun is very high in the sky it will have an effect but other than that it shouldn't be too bad

divinaovererhang.jpg

You can see in this image that the shadow IS on the balcony of 13118 as the sun is high in the sky.It also shows how baddly decks 11,12 13 are affected in the recessed areas

divina.jpg

pete

Edited by Skier52

Bret,

Can you help me with cabin 10015? From my research it looks to be the last on with the steel bulkhead before they turn to plexiglass. Am I correct?

Thanks

Jeff

Sorry not Jeff but Pete

No you're not correct.

Sometimes there is confusion between, Divina and Preziosa, with, Splendida and Fantasia, as they have different amounts of steel "proctected" balconies.

The images of the four ships are often mislabled and given the wrong name.

You can see in the image below I've marked 10015 on both Splandida nad Divina and outlined the extra Steel balconies on Divina.

Your cabin is 5 balconies along from the change from steel to plexiglass

divina%2010015.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks for the info. Also, with respect to 13118, I booked this thing before the whole "experiences" thing happened.

Now this cabin falls under the "Fantastica" category. Do I pick up any perks or benefits as the result of this change?

Thanks for the info. Also, with respect to 13118, I booked this thing before the whole "experiences" thing happened.

Now this cabin falls under the "Fantastica" category. Do I pick up any perks or benefits as the result of this change?

Not really !! unless they throw in a drinks package. eg. vouchers or the Cheers package, though that is not very likely

The "Fantastica" experience is the old basic level of service and the "Bella" has had things taken off the old basic service, eg No "Turn down" service and a very limited choice of dining arrangements.

Pete

I'm booked into 13118 out of Rome, but I did so before this whole experience thing. Does that change anything for me?

Also, I'm assuming the overhang won't be bad in this room, correct? Anything else stand out about this room?

Here is an image from ealier in this thread which shows the really bad overhang and in the background the overhang that will affect cabin#13118

Hope this gives you a good idea of what to expect. You can see that the sun will have to be very high in the sky to cast a shadow on your balcony.

11_zpsc3223878.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

In my opinion, the overhang on 13118 does not look bad at all. In fact it might even be a little beneficial. It provides a minor element of shade, and a little bit of privacy as well.

Edited by Stockjock

In my opinion, the overhang on 13118 does not look bad at all. In fact it might even be a little beneficial. It provides a minor element of shade, and a little bit of privacy as well.

I quite agree with all that you said

Pete

Here is an image from ealier in this thread which shows the really bad overhang and in the background the overhang that will affect cabin#13118

Hope this gives you a good idea of what to expect. You can see that the sun will have to be very high in the sky to cast a shadow on your balcony.

11_zpsc3223878.jpg

Pete

I'm in 13116, we're neighbors. Don't feel that the overhang will make any difference. Checked everything out and I like where we're situated. Getting close now!!!

Ciao,

Alberto and Barbara

I'm in 13116, we're neighbors. Don't feel that the overhang will make any difference. Checked everything out and I like where we're situated. Getting close now!!!

Ciao,

Alberto and Barbara

I beg to differ. In the image below you can see the shadow covering the balconies of 13116 and 13118 .THe life boats are level with deck 7, the round portholes are on deck 8 and above them there are 5 decks of balconies ,9, 10, 11, 12 and 13, your balconies are on the top row of balconies directly above the gap betwen the 3rd and 4th lifeboat from the left. The top row of balconies, deck 13, may not appear as though they are balconies to everybody, (it may appear as though there are only 4 decks of balconies), but in fact they are .

The balconies are considerably darker in the image as they are in the shade of the overhang.

This situation will only arise when the sun is high in the sky, around noon, and may well be thought of as a blessing by some people to have some shade from the very powerful rays of the sun in the middle of the day.

2062f87a-db59-4692-9599-9455a7a6aa23.jpg

Pete

• 1 month later...
Cabin 10097 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. Shower only.

Bret

Hi Brett: Could you give all the interior cabins on the MSC Divina that have a square inside in them? I know that 12193 has a square footage...but can you give me the other interior cabins that have square footage as well....and what category will this be considered as..... considering in taking another MSC Divina cruise and would like to experience an interior cabin that has square footage....

I had done an interior cabin before on MSC Divina but was put in a small interior cabin which to me was too confining...

Hi Brett: Could you give all the interior cabins on the MSC Divina that have a square inside in them? I know that 12193 has a square footage...but can you give me the other interior cabins that have square footage as well....and what category will this be considered as..... considering in taking another MSC Divina cruise and would like to experience an interior cabin that has square footage....

I had done an interior cabin before on MSC Divina but was put in a small interior cabin which to me was too confining...

In that section where 12193 is located that is the only one that's square but if you look at the deck plans look for the more square ones and all those are 167 sq ft. Example 11137-11157.

Hi somebody have a pic of cabin 13002? Is in good position? Please let me know all details. Thanks

Daria

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

It's in a great position; views forward, aft and down will uninterupted , except for the bridge when looking forward. but you will be able to watch the master and officers when they are manouvering in dock using the flying bridge.

Other than that it is a standard 192 sq ft cabin with a 42 sq ft balcony.

A standard balcony cabin

DI_outside-balcony_01_tcm13-55928.jpg?1433879048964

Where it is on the ship

13002.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Thanks is better than 11230? As positions and quiete?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

13002 is next to some "white" cabins which I believe are senior officers cabins so there should be no noise. But it is a long way from the MDR so would not a good choice for someone with mobility problems.

11230 has the same good views but is close to the aft set of lifts , These are good for access to the MDR but may be the source of noise from inconsiderate guests returning to their cabins.

Some people like being close to lifts , especially if you have mobility problems, others don't.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Bret / riclop,

Thanks for all of the information you are providing about the cabin sizes. Would you please let me know about 13178 and 13180? Is it true that 13178 does not have a couch?

Thanks!

Janelle

Janelle,

Did you take cabin 13180 on MSC Divina? We are booked in that one for January. Wanted to see what you thought if you went with that one.

Thanks in advance!

Theresa

13002 is next to some "white" cabins which I believe are senior officers cabins so there should be no noise. But it is a long way from the MDR so would not a good choice for someone with mobility problems.

11230 has the same good views but is close to the aft set of lifts , These are good for access to the MDR but may be the source of noise from inconsiderate guests returning to their cabins.

Some people like being close to lifts , especially if you have mobility problems, others don't.

Pete

Hi Pete + everyone else!

We are first time users of this site and first time cruisers to MSC! I was wondering how you would compare MSC to other cruise lines such as NCL/ Cunard/ Holland America?

Also, if possible, would you be able to tell me which is the best cabin out of 11179, 12106 and 12111 in your opinion, please. (From looking at the deck plans, I think 12106) If you have any information about balcony sizes too that would be awesome. Do you personally think it is worth the money for a balcony over an inside or oceanview stateroom?

Thank you in advance,

Charlotte :)

Hi Pete + everyone else!

We are first time users of this site and first time cruisers to MSC! I was wondering how you would compare MSC to other cruise lines such as NCL/ Cunard/ Holland America?

Also, if possible, would you be able to tell me which is the best cabin out of 11179, 12106 and 12111 in your opinion, please. (From looking at the deck plans, I think 12106) If you have any information about balcony sizes too that would be awesome. Do you personally think it is worth the money for a balcony over an inside or oceanview stateroom?

Thank you in advance,

Welcome to CC and to the MSC forum Charlotte!!! Which MSC ship are you sailing on? Pete(Skier52) is our resident expert on stateroom locations so he will need to know which ship you are sailing on to give you accurate information.:D

Welcome to CC and to the MSC forum Charlotte!!! Which MSC ship are you sailing on? Pete(Skier52) is our resident expert on stateroom locations so he will need to know which ship you are sailing on to give you accurate information.:D

Hi Mikesa1721! Thank you :)

Oops I forgot that! -It would be the MSC Divina! :D

Hi Mikesa1721! Thank you :)

Oops I forgot that! -It would be the MSC Divina! :D

I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!! We have sailed MSC Divina 3 times so far and have loved every single one. We can't wait for her to return back to Miami in November!!:):)

I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!! We have sailed MSC Divina 3 times so far and have loved every single one. We can't wait for her to return back to Miami in November!!:):)

Oh really? It must be good then! This cruise will be around the Western Med in August, so it will be nice and hot! :)

Oh really? It must be good then! This cruise will be around the Western Med in August, so it will be nice and hot! :)

I'm even more jealous now Charlotte!!!;) We're hoping to sail the Med next summer but it will be on one of the other MSC ships since MSC Divina will be sailing the Caribbean from Miami year round.

Hi Pete + everyone else!

Thank you in advance,

11179 is a large corner balcony cabin.

it will only have a view forward.

It is a standard cabin 192 sq ft( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) The balcony is 124 sq ft

SEE image below

12106 and 12111 are both standard cabins ; 192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

Both are within the main recessed area; 12106 is nearer the centre than 12111 and is therefore a better position from the point of view of having a wider field of view.

So which is the better of 11179 or 12106 will depend on your liking for a large balcony with limited views or a standard balcony with better field of view.

I would always have a balcony over an OV and would never have an inside unless it was an absolute bargain and there no other OV or balonies available.

it can get very crowded on Divina's pubic decks so i'd say a balcony is a must

Standard balcony

P1020628.jpg

Similar balcony to 11179

cornerbalcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52