Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

I read though on MSC's site that if you get an upgrade like that it doesn't include any benefits for Fantastica- you remain with the amenities you booked under but what they feel is an upgraded cabin. My new confirmation doesn't show amenities like the fitness class discounts, breakfast in bed or whatever, room service etc that comes with the Fantastica, so I'm really not sure what to think.

<<Each experience upgrade will require a stateroom upgrade as well.

There are 3 types of upgrades:

- an Experience upgrade (e.g. from Balcony Bella to Balcony Fantastica)

- a stateroom category upgrade (e.g. from Inside Bella to Balcony Bella)

- an Experience and stateroom category upgrade (e.g. from Inside Bella to Balcony Fantastica)

Upgrades are subject to availability, and can be requested only during the validity of a certain promotion.

In the situation of technical upgrades (managed by MSC Cruises), the guest will benefit from the stateroom upgrade, excluding the content of the Experience (pre-cruise or on board). Therefore it would be a "stateroom only" upgrade, with same services originally paid by the guest.

(E.g. if you booked a Bella stateroom, you can be upgraded to a Fantastica stateroom, but you will keep the Bella experience you originally booked.) >>

<<How will the Inclusive Experiences work with pre-existing bookings?

If you have booked an interior, ocean view, balcony stateroom or suite before September 23, 2014, you will automatically receive the Fantastica Experience without the drink vouchers. Customers who have booked MSC Yacht Club suites will automatically receive the MSC Yacht Club Experience. >>

So even the site feels a bit contradictory!

Not sure what to make of this but the last paragraph may have you hooked.

Good luck, I'd negotiate.

Not sure what to make of this but the last paragraph may have you hooked.

Good luck, I'd negotiate.

I called last night and of course, they just said "it's a complimentery upgrade" and I of course said, "That's nice but I chose a specific room and now you've moved me from it when I was told we would not be moved. The MSC reps response was well sometimes if it's a cabin for four people they will move you. My response was, "There are four people in the cabin, so, no that is not the case." She offered to move us back to the lower level but our cabin had since been booked and she couldn't give us a specific stateroom. Definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Cruise lines call to bother you with other petty stuff but not about this!

I called last night and of course, they just said "it's a complimentery upgrade" and I of course said, "That's nice but I chose a specific room and now you've moved me from it when I was told we would not be moved. The MSC reps response was well sometimes if it's a cabin for four people they will move you. My response was, "There are four people in the cabin, so, no that is not the case." She offered to move us back to the lower level but our cabin had since been booked and she couldn't give us a specific stateroom. Definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Cruise lines call to bother you with other petty stuff but not about this!

Stay cool, see if they can give you the full Fantastica package with the change which includes many more amenities...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We're thinking of taking our first MSC cruise and considering the Preziosa for 7 nights in December. We did think of saving money and going for an Oceanview but it seems perhaps for just a little more we can get a balcony and there appears to be 3 with larger balconies according the deck plans. Does anyone have any info on cabins 10080, 11084 or 11101? The deck plans shows larger slanted balconies which may be worth it compared to a standard balcony or oceanview.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Laura

Hi All

We're thinking of taking our first MSC cruise and considering the Preziosa for 7 nights in December. We did think of saving money and going for an Oceanview but it seems perhaps for just a little more we can get a balcony and there appears to be 3 with larger balconies according the deck plans. Does anyone have any info on cabins 10080, 11084 or 11101? The deck plans shows larger slanted balconies which may be worth it compared to a standard balcony or oceanview.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Laura

THe balcony is 124 sq ft as compared with a standard balcony which is 42 sq ft. but, it only has a 90 degree field of view. Many folks think the compromise is worth it especially if you are not a sun worshipper.

Here is an image of what a balcony will look like

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

this is a standard balcony for comparison

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

THe balcony is 124 sq ft as compared with a standard balcony which is 42 sq ft. but, it only has a 90 degree field of view. Many folks think the compromise is worth it especially if you are not a sun worshipper.

Here is an image of what a balcony will look like

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

this is a standard balcony for comparison

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

That's great and very helpful Pete especially the photos. Had it been a summer/or sunnier cruise then we may have thought differently but sailing the Med during December is not sun worshipping weather so think we'll go with the larger balcony for this particular cruise in cooler weather. Thankfully they've taken Tunisia off the ports of call and replaced with Sardinia which is better for us as I never wanted to go to Tunisia even before the tragic events of yesterday.

Well Pete,,,We are skipping the Yacht Club onboard Divina on the 22nd of April and have booked a B2,,, 12266 to be exact,,,,stateroom dimensions and pics as well would always be appreciated!!!!

HI Mike

the room is the standard 192 q ft with 168 living space and 24 bathroom. and sold as a "Fantastica" experience

the balcony is 55 sq ft, a little bigger than the standard size.

I can't find an image which I can definitely attribute to a deck 12 aft cabin at the moment .but I'l try to find one for you

Pete

Edited by Skier52

HI Mike

the room is the standard 192 q ft with 168 living space and 24 bathroom. and sold as a "Fantastica" experience

the balcony is 55 sq ft, a little bigger than the standard size.

I can't find an image which I can definitely attribute to a deck 12 aft cabin at the moment .but I'l try to find one for you

Pete

Thanks Pete!!!! Figured if we were going to sail in steerage,,,an aft balcony would be the best choice for us,,,,I'm thinking I can find some pics or vids of the balcony somewhere so don't kill yourself looking for some!!!!

Not a problem. Cabin 13045 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only. (Some regular balcony cabins have a shower/tub combination though they are not advertised.)

Hope this helps!

Bret

Hello cruiseguyinorl, I will be on the next cruise. If there is not much trouble, I'd love to get the details of room 8130. And since you have all that info, which room do you suggest, I am mostly interrested in balconies. Thank you ☺

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

I am being quoted higher rate for handicap room 11134.... I thought HC balconies are same price as balcony. We were quoted on 10207 originally They said I would have to go to B2 to get HC accessible balcony which is $200 more per person!

Thanks for your help

Steve

I am being quoted higher rate for handicap room 11134.... I thought HC balconies are same price as balcony. We were quoted on 10207 originally They said I would have to go to B2 to get HC accessible balcony which is $200 more per person!

Thanks for your help

Steve

The reasom for the price difference is the cabins are not graded B1, B2, B3 etc but "Bella", "Fantastica". "Aurea" Eperience. ie different service levels.

10207 is a "Bella" Balcony, 11134 is a "Fantastica" Balcony, hence the price difference.

10207 is 148 sq ft (124 living, 24 bathroom) with a 34 sq ft balcony. (So it is a small balcony cabin)

11134 is 283 sq ft (244 living, 39 bathroom) with a 61 sq ft balcony

there are only 6 "Bella" HC cabins 8266, 8273, 9211, 9213, 9214, 9216

THere are 22 "Fantastica" HC cabins:-4 on deck 9; 8 on deck 10; 6 on deck 11; , 4 on deck 12.

So maybe all the Bella HC cabins are booked which only leaves Fantastica available

Note:- a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The reasom for the price difference is the cabins are not graded B1, B2, B3 etc but "Bella", "Fantastica". "Aurea" Eperience. ie different service levels.

10207 is a "Bella" Balcony, 11134 is a "Fantastica" Balcony, hence the price difference.

10207 is 148 sq ft (124 living, 24 bathroom) with a 34 sq ft balcony. (So it is a small balcony cabin)

11134 is 283 sq ft (244 living, 39 bathroom) with a 61 sq ft balcony

there are only 6 "Bella" HC cabins 8266, 8273, 9211, 9213, 9214, 9216

THere are 22 "Fantastica" HC cabins:-4 on deck 9; 8 on deck 10; 6 on deck 11; , 4 on deck 12.

So maybe all the Bella HC cabins are booked which only leaves Fantastica available

Note:- a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony

Pete

Thanks

I asked for a Bella HC, but none were available.... most cruise lines will automatically free upgrade to next available HC, but I guess MSC doesn't...

Do you know if there any larger Bella cabins that qualify for standard Balcony rate?

Edited by Romeosc

Thanks

I asked for a Bella HC, but none were available.... most cruise lines will automatically free upgrade to next available HC, but I guess MSC doesn't...

Do you know if there any larger Bella cabins that qualify for standard Balcony rate?

I'm not sure what you mean by standard rate. Balcony cabins come with either Bella, Fantastica or Aurea rates.

The "experiences" are the only rates MSC currently offer.

But, all the balcony cabins on deck 8 are the standard size and are Bella experience. However many suffer a problem with the views being limited by lifeboats, only those on the front and rear humps have unrestricted views, they of course tend to be snapped up first by those who know about the lifeboats.

Hope this helps

Pete

I'm not sure what you mean by standard rate. Balcony cabins come with either Bella, Fantastica or Aurea rates.

The "experiences" are the only rates MSC currently offer.

But, all the balcony cabins on deck 8 are the standard size and are Bella experience. However many suffer a problem with the views being limited by lifeboats, only those on the front and rear humps have unrestricted views, they of course tend to be snapped up first by those who know about the lifeboats.

Hope this helps

Pete

Thanks

There is a "Balcony Sale" on the Aug 26th cruise from Barcelona for $999 (for Bella I guess) ....was wondering if there is any larger "Bella rate" balconies. The Bella rate Balcony HC are booked and to get Fantasia is $200 more per person and I'm not interested in the upgrade of amenities since we usually spend most of our time on land!

Thanks again

Hello,

Just booked 13227 cabin.

How big is the cabin and the balcony?

Thanking in advance.

:)

The cabin is 184 sq ft and the balcony is SMALL . THese cabins used to be sold as Ocean View cabins

Here is an image of the balcony of 13222, identical to 13227, that i took myself

and an image of inside 13229

P1020632.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The cabin is 184 sq ft and the balcony is SMALL . THese cabins used to be sold as Ocean View cabins

Here is an image of the balcony of 13222, identical to 13227, that i took myself

and an image of inside 13229

Pete

Wow:eek: it is VERY small. I thought aft balconies would be bigger.:(

Thank you for the info:-)

I'm booked into 13018 out of Rome, but I did so before this whole experience thing. Does that change anything for me?

Also, I'm assuming the overhang won't be bad in this room, correct? Anything else stand out about this room?

Pete,

Could you let me know what the Sq Ft. of Room 8266 is? Seems like it is much larger however cant find the correct measurement.

Thanks!:)

It is a disability cabin and so is at least 50 % larger than the standard cabins. it is at least 32 sq m (344 sq feet), but i suspect it is one of the largest which are 42 sq metres (450 sq feet)

By carefully expanding the deck plans and using 10221 as a reference,, (room is 283 sq ft and the balcony is 61 sq ft) I would expect the balcony to be 74 sq ft and the upper measument of 450 sq ft would fit in with the calculation very well.

Deck plans are fairly accurately drawn to scale so i'm reasonably happy with my estimates.

The actual measurements of 32 and 42 sq m are from the MSC web site. so they are not guesses.

Hope this is good enough for you

Pete

I'm booked into 13018 out of Rome, but I did so before this whole experience thing. Does that change anything for me?

Also, I'm assuming the overhang won't be bad in this room, correct? Anything else stand out about this room?

13018 is an inside cabin so no the overhang won't affect it. Is 13018 a typo for 13081???

13081 is badly affected by the ovehang

13018 does however back on to a "white space" which could be anything from a storage cupboard to a crew staircase to a machine room and so could have a noise problem but there is no way of telling from the deck plan.

It is below the spa so won't have any issues from noise from above

Your booking is before the new pricing and this is what the USA web site says about that

from the Q&As

How will the Inclusive Experiences work with pre-existing bookings?

If you have booked an interior, ocean view, balcony stateroom or suite before September 23, 2014, you will automatically receive the Fantastica Experience without the drink vouchers. Customers who have booked MSC Yacht Club suites will automatically receive the MSC Yacht Club Experience

Hope this helps

pete

Edited by Skier52