Tour guides - Roseau Dominica

Ocean_Waves

Hello,

I was looking through Royal Caribbean's excursions and can't find one that used to be listed that went to Titu Gorge and trafalgar falls, so I am looking to see if anyone can recommend a tour company that can do an excursion that goes to both places or something similar that for sure goes to Titu Gorge. Would be nice if they guaranteed to get back to ship on time as well, as I know some tour companies in other ports do. Thanks for the help.

I agree about Bumpiing tours. We did the Roseau Valley Treasures tour, also called the wet tour. We just did the tour on November 5.. It was great. We went to the Champagne Reef for snorkeling first. Then to the Titou Gorge, which was absolutely fantastic. Finally we went to Trafalgar Falls and the warm springs. We had a guide with us all the way. They helped us up the falls at Titou Gorge. We were provided with drinks, beer, banana soda, water, through out the tour. There was no food provided. I highly recommend this tour.

I agree about Bumpiing tours. We did the Roseau Valley Treasures tour, also called the wet tour. We just did the tour on November 5.. It was great. We went to the Champagne Reef for snorkeling first. Then to the Titou Gorge, which was absolutely fantastic. Finally we went to Trafalgar Falls and the warm springs. We had a guide with us all the way. They helped us up the falls at Titou Gorge. We were provided with drinks, beer, banana soda, water, through out the tour. There was no food provided. I highly recommend this tour.

Thanks! Titou Gorge you also swim through too correct? I think we will go with them!

Thanks! Titou Gorge you also swim through too correct? I think we will go with them!

Yes. You swim through the gorge until you get to the small waterfall. Bumpiing has a guide with the group the whole time. They will help people who have any trouble. They help pull you up the waterfall and give you detailed instructions. They kept track of the time so that we would get back in time. You won't be sorry if you go with them.

Yes. You swim through the gorge until you get to the small waterfall. Bumpiing has a guide with the group the whole time. They will help people who have any trouble. They help pull you up the waterfall and give you detailed instructions. They kept track of the time so that we would get back in time. You won't be sorry if you go with them.

We booked with them! I'm just afraid that the cruise ship will have to leave early for some unforeseen reason. I guess I shouldn't worry about it because the ship is actually docked and not tendered in. What are the chances they would have to leave earlier than the scheduled 5:30PM time to depart?

No worries, we've toured with Levi 4 times and he usually has you back to the pier at least an hour before you need to be. Latest we've been back is 4:30. Can't think of any reason a ship would leave early.

Thanks! I appreciate all the help. Helps calm my nerves. Was there any place to shop afterwords near the ship?

Depends on if you're docked in town or at the industrial port. At the industrial port there's a place set up in one of the warehouses that's kind of a straw market for local vendors. In town you have to walk around a little to find the market area.

Use shy guy as you come out of the port go pass taxis he is right pass bAnk yell out shy guy did a private tour after canceling woody. He was great the gorge was great the hot springs and about a third of what the boat charged safe nice and clean he knows everyone my seven year said he had wrong name it should have been cool guy if you need his email let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We just went with him. We went on December 10th. It was FANTASTIC. The ocean then was not cold. Was acclimated very quickly. The gorge....That was cold. 62 degrees on our day. Not sure how much that will change, but Levi said it can get up to 72 or around there year round. He allowed us to jump in instead of walk in. If he allows this for you, I would highly recommend it. Our whole body got wet at the same time which helped us tremendously. It was a shock but nothing like it would have been creeping in piece by piece!

When you meet with Levi try and get a pass with the number 1 on it. If the group is large enough, he splits the groups up which he designates by numbers. Number 1 groups go with him. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED if you go with him! Just a superb guy with great knowledge. I would bring swim shoes though as the beach you go to is a bit rocky getting in and if you are doing the hot springs, those come in handy as well as it can be slippery.

• 1 month later...
Use shy guy as you come out of the port go pass taxis he is right pass bAnk yell out shy guy did a private tour after canceling woody. He was great the gorge was great the hot springs and about a third of what the boat charged safe nice and clean he knows everyone my seven year said he had wrong name it should have been cool guy if you need his email let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi dren, Can you please give me shy guy's email address as I'd like to contact him about a tour for April.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked thru Levi Baron Bumping Tours also. Emailed back and forth many times before we were due to arrive. There were 8 of us and he left us stranded....there we were at the pier at 9am and no guide. Another operator came to our rescue and called Levi, who said I didn't contact him back....funny I had all of our emails with me and on my cell phone. Disappointed for sure, but Lloyd, came to our rescue and did the same tour for $15.00 less.

Can't attest to everyone elses experience, only my own. First time in all of my reserving tours, etc. has this happened.

• 2 weeks later...

This tour looks great but I can't find a price for it on Levi's site. Can you remember what you paid?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have done this same tour with Levi twice and there could be no better!!

We booked thru Levi Baron Bumping Tours also. Emailed back and forth many times before we were due to arrive. There were 8 of us and he left us stranded....there we were at the pier at 9am and no guide. Another operator came to our rescue and called Levi, who said I didn't contact him back....funny I had all of our emails with me and on my cell phone. Disappointed for sure, but Lloyd, came to our rescue and did the same tour for $15.00 less.

Can't attest to everyone elses experience, only my own. First time in all of my reserving tours, etc. has this happened.

I just emailed Levi asking for information but your email concerns me as I would be taking the tour alone. Would you mind sharing the information on the other tour operator as I'd like to book directly with him? Thanks. My email address is joan and al at verizon dot net.

I just emailed Levi asking for information but your email concerns me as I would be taking the tour alone. Would you mind sharing the information on the other tour operator as I'd like to book directly with him? Thanks. My email address is joan and al at verizon dot net.

Sometimes emails do get lost....but I would not worry about Levi. I contacted him yesterday and heard back today.....I am sorry that this happened to someone but as great as Levi is I can only assume this was an isolated incidence....His was the best tour I have ever been on and I am going again on my 21 cruise in December.:)

Also check out Levi on Trip Advisor and see compare him to other guides!

I adore Levi, too. I've toured with him all three times I've been in Dominica. This time, I'm going with a different group, but I hope to get off the ship early just to run over and give him a hug. :)

His emails do have his cell number (and 2 email addresses).

I do always re-confirm all my excursions shortly before I sail. Just because, well, you never know.

I also print out my confirmations (so I have those phone #s) and bring the details with me on any given day (to confirm meeting place, time, itinerary, and costs).

Yes, I'm fairly obsessive about my cruises and plans. Because I know the one time I don't do all these things is the one time there will be an issue. I like to be prepared! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I originally posted this as a reply to CESSNABMW (private pilot who owns a very nice automobile?)...might also be of interest to you:

We are sailing on Celebrity Summit first week of January.

Just booked one of Levi Baron's Bumpiing Tours called Roseau Valley Treasure/3 Waters.

It includes snorkeling at Champagne Reef, swim at Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls Botanical gardens & scenic overlooks.

It's 5 to 6 hours.

We used Levi about five years ago on a prior port stop while cruising.

Everything was top notch!

From the recent reviews I've read, Bumpiing has maintained these high standards & so we've booked them again