Liberty o/t Seas Movie Theater

condorchristi

Hello and good morning.

I’m new to the website so I apologize if this is an old topic but I am hoping to get some information from experienced cruisers of the Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean).

We’re taking a 7 day cruise in October leaving out of Galveston. Both my wife and I are leisure travelers and will spend more time climbing the stairs to the buffet than the rock wall.

I understand they have a movie theater on board. I also understand from cruisers that everything on board is grotesquely expensive.

Here is my question. I am purchasing the Royal Replenish Package for us both…

Are the standard theater treats included (i.e. popcorn, candy, etc…) and complimentary?

Does my drink package extend into the theater so I don’t have to purchase drinks there?

And while we are on the topic, could you describe the nature of the films? Are they family friendly Rated G fare or is there some ROM/COMs and dramatic films?

Any information you can give will be appreciated.

I was on last month and if I recall the only movies they showed were by the pool. The exception was a couple 3D showings of kids movies in the theater where the theatrical shows are. They don't have an actual dedicated movie theater. Nothing is included.

You may want to check some prior compasses to see movie examples. They were all family friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

condorchristi, welcome to Cruise Critic.

You've asked excellent questions and I am sure you will get feedback on this board.

I just wanted to note that for questions about RCI and its ships I would be posting them on the RCI Cruise Line Board.

This link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=83

Keith

I

Are the standard theater treats included (i.e. popcorn, candy, etc…) and complimentary? there are NO 'standard treats' at all. not even popcorn.

Does my drink package extend into the theater so I don’t have to purchase drinks there? there is no beverage service inside the theater. you have to bring your own refreshments in.

And while we are on the topic, could you describe the nature of the films? Are they family friendly Rated G fare or is there some ROM/COMs and dramatic films? at best there will be one or 2 older films, all PG or G

Any information you can give will be appreciated.

you are not going to be able to go and watch a movie like you do at home. there might be one or two times a day, and not every day, where a movie is shown. they tend to be the same movies that are on continuous loop on the TVs( think Madagascar, Shrek 3 and the like)

at night, the big Jumbotron by the pool will have a movie, if it is not major sporting event. these tend to be FF classics.

the theater is far more likely to be used for port call talks than it is for showing movie.

you are not going to be able to go and watch a movie like you do at home. there might be one or two times a day, and not every day, where a movie is shown. they tend to be the same movies that are on continuous loop on the TVs( think Madagascar, Shrek 3 and the like)

at night, the big Jumbotron by the pool will have a movie, if it is not major sporting event. these tend to be FF classics.

the theater is far more likely to be used for port call talks than it is for showing movie.

So we’re at the pool watching a movie. My drink package will allow us to get cokes or bottled water but stuff like popcorn or nachos will be extra (if available at all)?

Thanks for the information….its like gold.

So we’re at the pool watching a movie. My drink package will allow us to get cokes or bottled water but stuff like popcorn or nachos will be extra (if available at all)?

Thanks for the information….its like gold.

there are ZERO snacks on board like that. No popcorn, no nachos no twizzlers. any nibbles would be at the Buffet( when open) or the Promenade. Promenade has semi decent pizza( not great, not cardboard) by the slice and bite size sweets along with mini sandwiches. the soft serve station on the pool deck is self service with vanilla, Chocolate and sometimes Strawberry.

actually, I take that back. you CAN go to the shop on the Promenade and pay $5 for a box of stale raisinets or a tube of Pringles. or buy what is in the mini fridge on the cabin.

basically if you are dead set on chips or popcorn by the pool, bring your own prepackaged items.

I was on last month and if I recall the only movies they showed were by the pool. The exception was a couple 3D showings of kids movies in the theater where the theatrical shows are. They don't have an actual dedicated movie theater. Nothing is included.

You may want to check some prior compasses to see movie examples. They were all family friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Deck 2 forward - The Screening Room is a small movie theater. Movies during the week to be shown will be listed in the Cruise Compass. Indicated on the current deck plans.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Welcome to cruise critic. I would also suggest going to the RC board for more information on RC and the Liberty.

Haven't been on the Liberty for a while, but remember a small movie screening room on one of the lower decks. Most ships tend show movies on a large outdoor screen by pool.

Quite honestly, never met too many people who were interested in movie watching on board. There are too many other things to do! Main theater will have a show every evening. The daily cruise compass, which outlines the ship's daily schedule of activities, will tell you what the show is - might be a comedian, singer, production type song and dance, etc. The ice show in the ice rink is also a show not to miss.

None of the shows have an extra charge. There is bar waiter service in the theater/ice rink.

There are no snacks served in the shows. I am thinking it would be too messy to clean up after.

Food is available just about 24/7. Easy to grab cookies or fruit to snack on. Some ships do have packages of chips they offer with sandwiches. Again, no charge for this type of food.

There is a small store on board for candy and prepackaged snacks, but very expensive.

You do not pay extra for shows or snacks mentioned like cookies. If you must have something else like popcorn or candy, you will need to bring on board, prepackaged, unless you are willing to spend extra for snacks at the store.