which alaska cruise??

i am doing Alaska this year and I want to do it again next year

But next year I want to see Sitka and Glacier Bay for sure. I am missing it this time.. Can anyone recommend which ship to cruise to take?

I like cl but they don't seem to have Sitka :cool:

thank you .. i saw that.. I have never been on HA.. But it hitn i would like to try it.. Does anyone know why so few ships go to Sitka? :confused:

Going North from Ketchikan to Juneau and Haines etc. puts Sitka 'off the beaten Path' of the Inside Passage. It's certainly worthy of a stop, but a Sitka stop puts Passenger Ships in the open Pacific Ocean for many tightly scheduled itineraries. I'd chat it up with people on the Alaska Forum for advice from the Alaska Pro's. Locomotiveman Tom

why did you think them best? I have never been on HA.. I sort of fell into the loyalty program on NCL and i get 100 extra OBC every time I am on one by making a deposit for another cruise with them. I don't have to pick and book the cruise the deposit is good for anything over the next 2 years. And I get get 100 cash to spend right there.

But yes i would go HA they had the right destinations when I cruise..I might try them.. I acctually like tring differnt ships each time.. I woudl like to try Princess to. ;)

Strangely enough I have traveled on NCL for the majority of my cruise travel adventures. That being said, Holland America had a ship that had a retractable sky canopy that covered the center of the ship. It was remarkable to swim and utilize the open area during inclement weather. I truly enjoy NCL for there no dress up policy. I wear a suit every day and do not wish this type of attire when on vacation. Happy travels!

Edited by first2travel

i am doing Alaska this year and I want to do it again next year

But next year I want to see Sitka and Glacier Bay for sure. I am missing it this time.. Can anyone recommend which ship to cruise to take?

I like cl but they don't seem to have Sitka :cool:

It sounds like HAL is the line to look at. I'm not the biggest HAL fan...the ships are much more sleepy and the crowd is older...but they did do an excellent job on my Alaska cruise on Zuiderdam.

Sitka is nice. The view of the volcano is magnificant if you happen to catch it on a clear day. I spent the day there on a business trip last year and really enjoyed it.

Glacier Bay is also magnificant. I've done 2 Alaska cruises and that was my single most favorite day. HAL opens up the bow to passengers while in GB, which is a really nice touch. This is not an option on the other ships visiting GB. You can walk around Princess bows, but they are not open air like on HAL.