Just had a call from the upgrade fairy :)

spideygirl

Just had a call from a lovely lady offering us an upgrade from balcony to full suite :). Only £150 each :):):):). Always wanted a suite can't believe it. Now do i keep it a surprise for my hubby?

Great news, congratulations ! I'd try to keep it a secret, but it will be difficult when your luggage labels come :)

Great news, congratulations ! I'd try to keep it a secret, but it will be difficult when your luggage labels come :)

My OH wouldn't recognise the labels :-) i think! I have just told him i have organised a surprise since it is only 3 weeks away whoo hoo. :-)

Well done! I gather an extra £150 each is a great deal? Sorry I haven't a clue about the differences between the upper categories never having dared look lol.

Edited by Scriv

Well done! I gather an extra £150 each is a great deal? Sorry I haven't a clue about the differences between the upper categories never having dared look lol.

Yes, it would have £2k extra so a bargain:) butler service as well

If you can keep it a secret it would be a lovely surprise, especially when you arrive at Southampton (assume that is where you're sailing from) & inform the nice ladies that greet you that you have got priority embarkation as you're in a suite :)

Well done on your upgrade & have a wonderful cruise.

Joan

This is a fabulous upgrade. Enjoy :-) Can I ask did you book direct with P&O or through a TA?

Direct with p&o, i am not sure how they choose who to offer the upgrade to. Someone once said it could be age related so they encourage you to spend with them again. We are early 50's with more possibly more disposable income or it could just be luck. If we had our 15 year old with us i don't think they would have offered it.

Congratulations! Just to say you will have the opportunity as suite passengers to have breakfast in the select Dining Restaurant - XVII - although I think it may have changed its name to The Epicurian to fall in line with Britannia. Anyway it's at the aft on Deck 17 - hence the original name. There is a lovely outside balcony at the restaurant where you can eat if it's warm and sunny enough. The menu is small but lovely - real freshly squeezed orange juice, my husband loved the French toast with bacon and I loved the muffin with smoked salmon and caviar hollandaise. The coffee is usually good too and the service is wonderful. Enjoy! You can of course get your butler to serve a cooked breakfast in your suite but we preferred XVII, especially on a sea day.

Congratulations! Just to say you will have the opportunity as suite passengers to have breakfast in the select Dining Restaurant - XVII - although I think it may have changed its name to The Epicurian to fall in line with Britannia. Anyway it's at the aft on Deck 17 - hence the original name. There is a lovely outside balcony at the restaurant where you can eat if it's warm and sunny enough. The menu is small but lovely - real freshly squeezed orange juice, my husband loved the French toast with bacon and I loved the muffin with smoked salmon and caviar hollandaise. The coffee is usually good too and the service is wonderful. Enjoy! You can of course get your butler to serve a cooked breakfast in your suite but we preferred XVII, especially on a sea day.

Sounds lovely i will definatley be trying that out :-)

Wow. That sounds like a bargain. Enjoy. Are you on the fjords cruise in 3 weeks? We are and also got an upgrade but just to midships from aft. Pleased with that as well

Yes thats the one :) three weeks today :)

Our 1st P&O cruise we were upgraded to a suite it was fantastic the only problem is that you'll always want a suite for future cruises :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Yes thats the one :) three weeks today :)

Am getting excited now. Really looking forward to seeing Norway and to be on Azura again. We did a Baltic cruise on her 4 yrs ago and had a brilliant time :)

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly big congrats on your upgrade I hope you have a great time.

I'm just lost how upgrades are decided we are on our 5th P&O cruise in July with another booked In Oct and have never had a sniff of an upgrade I guess I've not been a good boy lol

We have just come back and has a fabulous time [emoji4]

Not sure but. Suspect they look for certain factors such as age, couples no children etc. we are in our early 50's, no kids on this trip (first time on our own). I think they hoped that it would encourage us to book suites in future.

That's brilliant! Can I just ask if you ticked the "no upgrade" box? I do because I take care to choose a mid ship cabin not over a theatre etc etc but I wouldn't mind being phoned and offered a choice to pay a bit more for something good like this!

My very first cruise we were upgraded day after booking but from down low to way up on Riveria deck, lovely deck with easy access to outside and buffet BUT quite a bit of movement when it was rough. From then on I've always ticked the "no upgrade".

I always tick the upgrade box to say yes please lol we mainly book deluxe balcony as there is only ever the two of us travelling. We are in mid 40's but have been cruising since we where in our late 30's and loved it. The next cruise is an outside cabin as we are doing this one to break up time until our big one on Britania in October. Was hoping we may get upgrade to a balcony but nothing so far lol I'm sure we'll love it anyway as we hardly spend any time in cabin anyway !

I ticked the no upgrade as I had chosen a C deck balcony. The C deck balconies are nicer IMHO than the suite ones on Rivera deck. But the suite cabins are fab. Not sure why we were selected, but only 1 person does these special upgrades. She does exist :-)