Booking the Retreat on Britannia

Presto2

Hi, we are on Britannia in late July and have 3 sea days on the way home. As it will be peak school holiday time we are thinking of trying the Retreat area for one or more of them.

We were going to ask about the cost etc but I've just found the brochure on P&O's site - hence the 'edit'.

I'll change the question to ask if anyone has paid out the extra and if it was worth it?

Are there sunbeds in the shade or sun or is it generally all shaded.

Thanks

Edited by Presto2

I have 3 sea days in a row on my Azura cruise in June - I'm thinkingof getting a one day pass for one of them. I'll let you know how I get on if you like, although of course it's a different ship but should be a similar experience?

No I don't think it is worth it. Britannia has an area which is free and adult only called Serenity which is a quiet zone with a pool, shaded areas and a bar. The retreat just has two jacuzzis. They do serve food at the retreat but having taken a look it is much smaller and not as nice as the Retreat on Azura.

I have 3 sea days in a row on my Azura cruise in June - I'm thinkingof getting a one day pass for one of them. I'll let you know how I get on if you like, although of course it's a different ship but should be a similar experience?

Thanks, that will be really helpful :)

No I don't think it is worth it. Britannia has an area which is free and adult only called Serenity which is a quiet zone with a pool, shaded areas and a bar. The retreat just has two jacuzzis. They do serve food at the retreat but having taken a look it is much smaller and not as nice as the Retreat on Azura.

Hi, that's really helpful. Is the Serenity area quite big? I only ask as it will be peak school holidays time and know that the ship will be bursting at the seams with families and children. I'm not complaining about that - we have to go in the school holidays so know what it is like. :)

Hi Prestso2,

I was on a ship tour of Britannia today & having spent a couple of days on / in the retreat on Azura not sure I'd be rushing to pay the extra for Britannia. I agree with Jo & Rob it's not as nice as the one on Azura.

I am busy uploading the 400 (approx :eek:) photos I took today & will post a link to them on here in the next day or so.

As previously mentioned the serenity adults only area is just as good as the retreat & is somewhere I will be heading.

I've got photos of both areas which I'll add to this post in due course.

Joan

How do you book a one day pass? We tried on Ventura and were told to book at 9am as you can't book in advance but every time we tried we were told they had all been sold in advance, when I asked if I could do that they said no!

Hi, that's really helpful. Is the Serenity area quite big? I only ask as it will be peak school holidays time and know that the ship will be bursting at the seams with families and children. I'm not complaining about that - we have to go in the school holidays so know what it is like. :)

We were on Britannia in the Easter holidays and there were over 400 children on board. Serenity is much bigger than the Retreat as it is all public space. In the Retreat some of the area is taken up with the spa massage area an the food preparation area.

To book the Retreat you have to go to the spa on deck 5. I really don't think it is worth it though because Serenity is so nice. If Serenity wasn't there I would understand it. Here is a link to our Britannia tour which does include both Serenity and the Retreat. Serenity is at 5.43 and the Retreat is at 6.07 if you want to skip straight to these parts of the ship on the video.

[YOUTUBE]giWoXybTRT0[/YOUTUBE]

We were on Britannia in the Easter holidays and there were over 400 children on board. Serenity is much bigger than the Retreat as it is all public space. In the Retreat some of the area is taken up with the spa massage area an the food preparation area.

QUOTE]

Thanks Jo - had already checked out your video ;) They are always a great help.

I think we will see how it goes then. Some days we are planning to stay on the ship when everyone else gets off --- always a nice way to chill out amidst the business of a cruise. :)

QUOTE]

Thanks Jo - had already checked out your video ;) They are always a great help.

I think we will see how it goes then. Some days we are planning to stay on the ship when everyone else gets off --- always a nice way to chill out amidst the business of a cruise. :)

Also good to know is that I reckon around 3/4s of the retreat is shaded under the canopy. It also seems a little isolated given there is no accces or connection to the spa. The Serenity pool area really is lovely and has very similar furniture to the retreat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also good to know is that I reckon around 3/4s of the retreat is shaded under the canopy. It also seems a little isolated given there is no accces or connection to the spa. The Serenity pool area really is lovely and has very similar furniture to the retreat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what people are saying I think it is going to be the Serenity Pool for us as well. Hubby loves the shade but I prefer to have some sunshine ...... don't fancy having to get up at the crack of dawn to try and get a sunbed in the sun.

Thanks to everyone for the info - you have saved us some money!

Hi, we have just returned from the Britannia, 14 nights med.We had intended to book the retreat as we had 3 sea days on our return but we found there were always lots of loungers free around the other decks. People didn't seem to "reserve" them. We liked the serenity pool but found it windy at the front of the ship and tended to hunt around for a place that suited us.There were lots of hidden quiet areas if you wanted them or obviously it was a lot busier around the two main pools. I had a tour of the retreat which had slightly better furniture and loungers.You could book it on a daily basis first come first served.The people who booked a 14 or 7 day pass had preference of course. We didn't feel that we need to book it.We much preferred to have a lovely meal in the Epicurean!Enjoy!