Want to hire Tour Guide for Tallinn Old Town

Ruth

I know several of the companies that do private tours in St Petersburg, also do tours in many other ports, like Tallinn. If you are planning on using one of those companies in St Petersburg, you night get a better price if you used the same one in other ports.

I know some have mentioned a couple of other private tours in Tallinn. Try doing a search and you should come up with some help.

Cheers

Len

I have been working with Tallinn Traveller Tours on their "Best of Tallinn 5 hour Car & Walking Tour" and have organized a private tour for 6 so far and possible adding 2 more people. That have been very patient & thorough in planning a max-exposure itinerary for us. Really getting excited about our pending cruise stop. They have great reviews on TripAdvisor.

We did a private food and walking tour of Tallinn for 8 of us. Our guide was fabulous and we tried a lot of interesting and (mostly - avoid the meat jelly) good food. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

They are "Food Sightseeing Estonia Day Tours" on Tripadvisor.

We are also using Tallinn Traveler Tours, but our tour is a 2 hour walking tour of Old Town.

http://www.traveller.ee/tour/old-town-walking-tour-tallinn

We did this one - it was good. At the end, our tour guide offered to walk us to anywhere we wanted to spend the rest of the day. We chose the main square with the craft market. We bought a few things but the real kicker was drinking and eating for 3 hours on the patio at Olde Hansa. Beware the "man size" beer! They also have stuff like bear and boar on the menu if you want to try something new :)

This was a day I'll remember forever. An unexpected highlight of the trip!

We used Saku Travel for our excursion last September. It was a custom tour, as I wanted to see some of the countryside as well as Tallinn. It was hands down the best custom tour of the 3 I set up for our Baltic cruise ports! Maarja, our guide, was very helpful emailing me back and forth to create the perfect Town & Country tour for the day. Plus we had an excellent lunch in a tiny town in the country at a tavern, with excellent trout dishes from their trout pond. Through the roll call, I got a group of 8. Everyone loved their day.

• 10 months later...
QuattroRomeo, could you describe your Tallinn tour a bit? I am looking to put together a custom one for July for 8-12 adults and want to see the highlights without excessive walking and also fit in a relaxing authentic lunch/beverages. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sure- here is the post I made on the roll call at the time:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46339454&postcount=122