Sea Day Weather?

Scogs416

Hello all!

We are about to embark on our first cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on the RCI Anthem of the Seas. The idea of 30+ degree temperature differences have me in a packing panic. I have been scouring the internet to try and find a resource for sea day weather forecasts. Any suggestions?

PS- I don't (currently) understand the maritime maps. :o

Any suggestions would be helpful!

When is your cruise, and where will you be during the sea day(s)? Any weather forecast more than 5-7 days out is basically a guess.

The good news is your captain will do his best to steer the ship toward good weather, especially during sea days. Within reason of course.

You'll most likely be wearing shorts by the end of the first sea day. Anthem has lots of indoor spaces that are warm if the weather outside stays cool. I pack pants for the first and last days and I'm generally the cold one in my family. DH and DS1 are in shorts the whole trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are leaving on Anthem on Sunday and are packing shorts for most of the days. Inside the ship will be nice and warm. You can easily get around Anthem without going out on deck if you think it is too cold. There are two indoor pools, one is a family pool and the Solarium is an adult area. Hopefully, by the end of day 2 it is warmer but we actually like the cooler cruises, though we haven't left at this time of year before, so should be fun!

i left NYC in december and yes you have to wear pants and a nice coat for sailaway. but didnt wear a coat after that. on the breakaway wasnt much to do outside in bad weather so stayed inside. i'm booking anthem because of the indoor activities so id just plan on shorts :)

that being said it was 50s day 2