Wine in Miami?

Steve Q

We will be traveling on the Riveria sailing March 6. We fly directly to Miami from Dallas and will immediately be going to the ship. We have Oceania transfers.

Is there anywhere to purchase wine to bring on board in the Miami airport or at the port? Or, for that matter at any of the ports we will be sailing to (Tortola, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Antiqua, St. Barts)

I like to have a glass of wine in the room some evenings, and would like to bring some onboard.

Edited by Steve Q
Mistake

We will be traveling on the Riveria sailing March 6. We fly directly to Miami from Dallas and will immediately be going to the ship. We have Oceania transfers.

Is there anywhere to purchase wine to bring on board in the Miami airport or at the port? Or, for that matter at any of the ports we will be sailing to (Tortola, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Antiqua, St. Barts)

I like to have a glass of wine in the room some evenings, and would like to bring some onboard.

There is not such a place in the Miami airport for arriving passengers, and none at Terminal J in the Port, which is Oceania's normal home.

You will find liquor stores at your ports of call, but they will be quite expensive unless you leave the tourist areas.

I recall seeing many shops selling alcohol inside the cruise terminal building in Barbados, if that is any help. Of course rum is the big thing there but they probably had wine too.

If you arrive at the cruise terminal early, why not check into the cabin and then head back off the Riviera and grab a taxi for a quick 5-6 minute drive to a Publix? The cab fare with the request to wait for you will be about $30 and you can purchase wine at the Publix, which had a large selection in the store we visited before our February 12th sailing.