House beverage package

rgaudet

If you crunch the numbers the bev package, even the basic min by far out values either the OBC or the shore ex options ( which are grossly inflated in value)

As I see it your numbers are very slightly out. On a 7 night cruise obc is $300pp & 7 nights house package @ $39.95 = $279.65.

As I said only slightly out but the OP needs to know the values, he would get $20.35 towards upgrading the package ie one night free.

But then I have never sailed Oceania so I could be completely wrong:)

As I see it your numbers are very slightly out. On a 7 night cruise obc is $300pp & 7 nights house package @ $39.95 = $279.65.

As I said only slightly out but the OP needs to know the values, he would get $20.35 towards upgrading the package ie one night free.

But then I have never sailed Oceania so I could be completely wrong:)

11 day cruise $400 obc, 4 shore ex or Bev package worth $440.

on a 21 day cruise $500 obc 5 shore ex Or Bev package $840

now you say No way can I drink daily for a 28 day cruise...which is logical.

If the cruise is offered as a composite of 2 cruises, you can book each

individually. on cruise A take the 16 day bev package on B take the OBC

So many ways to manage a situation. In all cases the bev basic package will be the best in terms of value because you can book your own tours which cancels the value of shore ex and the OBC many get from our agent and for our O loyality ( bronxe silver, gold etc) makes the OBC moot.

11 day cruise $400 obc, 4 shore ex or Bev package worth $440.

on a 21 day cruise $500 obc 5 shore ex Or Bev package $840

now you say No way can I drink daily for a 28 day cruise...which is logical.

If the cruise is offered as a composite of 2 cruises, you can book each

individually. on cruise A take the 16 day bev package on B take the OBC

So many ways to manage a situation. In all cases the bev basic package will be the best in terms of value because you can book your own tours which cancels the value of shore ex and the OBC many get from our agent and for our O loyality ( bronxe silver, gold etc) makes the OBC moot.

Dan, you might need to read Billy's post again, I think he has a point.

IF you get the $300 pp for a 7 nighter it would make more sense to get the OBC, buy the drink package on board and get one day's upgrade for free.

Apparently this would be a case where the basic beverage package would NOT be the best in terms of value.

Since I quit taking 7 day cruises which are akin to week end 3 day jaunts, I focused on the 14-21 days and there its a huge difference.

On a 7 day, in the tropics Id still feel the bev package would be better in value, because ORV, like me already gets a base OBC of $400 and free gratuities, from the start.

On a 7 day, in the tropics Id still feel the bev package would be better in value, because ORV, like me already gets a base OBC of $400 and free gratuities, from the start.

Whatever way you look at it, for 7 nights the $300 OBC still is the better value as you will always be $20.65 better off regardless of any other perks you may be entitled to, which by the way has nothing to do with the OP.;)

Since I quit taking 7 day cruises which are akin to week end 3 day jaunts, I focused on the 14-21 days and there its a huge difference.

That's fine for people who get base OBC, but of course that doesn't apply to newbies, and not everyone has the time off to take longer voyages so billyvegas makes a very good point. Although we have wandered a bit from the OP's question someone's bound to come along in a minute and ask about the value of the beverage package :).

Hi guys,

This will be our first time on Oceania and have opted for the OBC $1000 instead of the drinks packages as to be honest we do like a drink or two/three when on holiday.

Just read through these posts and everything is now jumbled could anyone confirm that if we purchase the Prestige package the gratuity has already been added and we only pay$60 per person?

Thank you

Val & Dave

Hi guys,

This will be our first time on Oceania and have opted for the OBC $1000 instead of the drinks packages as to be honest we do like a drink or two/three when on holiday.

Just read through these posts and everything is now jumbled could anyone confirm that if we purchase the Prestige package the gratuity has already been added and we only pay$60 per person?

Thank you

Val & Dave

Yes, the $60 price is "all in", and is the final cost to the customer, per day.

This may result in saving some serious money, as you will not be required to pay the 18% per drink Service Charge which is assessed when buying drinks à la carte.

Salute !

Edited by StanandJim

Thanks for all who have contributed - especially knowing the usual price of a glass, which cruise lines are bad at telling you.

At least one of the packages has always seemed a good way to use on-board credit, but three more questions:

How do waiters and bar staff know you are on a package? If you have to flash your room card and they have to check it each time, isn't it going to slow things down?

Is there a wine list? I assume that on the premium package, at least, you can choose which wine you have with a meal, which champagne before the meal.

And how does a mixed table manage if couples are on different packages?

Thanks for all who have contributed - especially knowing the usual price of a glass, which cruise lines are bad at telling you.

At least one of the packages has always seemed a good way to use on-board credit, but three more questions:

How do waiters and bar staff know you are on a package? If you have to flash your room card and they have to check it each time, isn't it going to slow things down?

you do have to show your card when you order

Is there a wine list? I assume that on the premium package, at least, you can choose which wine you have with a meal, which champagne before the meal.

of course there is but if you have the package you can get any wine by the glass on the bar menu

And how does a mixed table manage if couples are on different packages?

they show their cards when they order the drink waiters handle it fine

Edited by LHT28

Yes, the $60 price is "all in", and is the final cost to the customer, per day.

This may result in saving some serious money, as you will not be required to pay the 18% per drink Service Charge which is assessed when buying drinks à la carte.

Salute !

Saving some serious money.....if you enjoy top shelf things like Grey Goose, Hendricks and fine ports, having 3 drinks can be well worth it as with tip they can come in at $20+ per drink The pours can be lite so many order a double. and do that a few times and you are seriously saving.

You dont have to drink a lot to rack up a BIG bar bill

Is there a wine list? I assume that on the premium package, at least, you can choose which wine you have with a meal, which champagne before the meal

You'll be ordering from what is available by the glass on the Bar Menu.

This list will give you an idea:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1694/Bar-Menu.pdf

• 2 months later...
I'm not even going to get into whether it's Sparkling wine or Campagne . But recently my wife ordered the champagne by the glass on Riviera . She drinks it often at home and can be a bit picky . But what she had on the ship was called champagne . It was French and billed at about $10 a glass and she liked it . Remember , at I think 5 PM it's 2 for one for an hour on I think all Oceana ships .

Is this something new??? I've never heard of a 2 for 1, happy hour on Oceania's ships. Can someone enlighten me?

Is this something new??? I've never heard of a 2 for 1, happy hour on Oceania's ships. Can someone enlighten me?

Nothing new, there has been a happy hour in at least some of the bars since the inception of Oceania.

Look for it in Martini's and Horizons, not Waves.

Have you been on Oceania before ??

Do you read the CURRENTS newsletter daily ??

I have met people that did not know there was afternoon tea daily until near the until the end of the cruise :eek:

Edited by LHT28

I have met people that did not know there was afternoon tea daily until near the until the end of the cruise

LOL, you know what they say Lyn, you never know what people know-

I once had a very long luncheon on the Regatta, discussing Cruise Critic with a woman who went on and on about Threads disappearing and reappearing "magically".....she had adapted herself to it happening and had actually come to see it as a part of the fun of using the Site.

Turned out that she had never learned how to page backwards, and believed that the first Page of each Message Board was the only one which existed.

Edited by JimandStan