taxi` s Fort Lauderdale

dalliowner

Uber, is $63--$84 in a XL tip included from MIA-FLL. The higher price would be if they were super busy. A limo will cost you more. More people are using UBER and they also have some really nice SUV's. A limo to our house is $150 and a dirty taxi is around $180 depending on traffic.

I tend to steer clear of Uber after one of their drivers shot people between jobs.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

That is really a silly comment. Steer clear of flying when one pilot deliberately crashed a plane into the Swiss Alps. UBER here has a great safety record. It only takes one nut job to paint everything the same.

Oh, so a limo driver can't have issues...really?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That is really a silly comment. Steer clear of flying when one pilot deliberately crashed a plane into the Swiss Alps. UBER here has a great safety record. It only takes one nut job to paint everything the same.

Oh, so a limo driver can't have issues...really?

I can't recall the last time I've read of a limo driver robbing or doing worse to a passenger. Uber and Lyft otoh...

http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents

I tend to steer clear of Uber after one of their drivers shot people between jobs.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

Whereas all the meter taxi drivers are normal, well adjusted, honest, conservative, church going decent folk......

I bet some of the employees within your beauty parlour empire have done bad things !

Incidentally those French Tips you did are still looking great.

Henry :)

Whereas all the meter taxi drivers are normal, well adjusted, honest, conservative, church going decent folk......

I bet some of the employees within your beauty parlour empire have done bad things !

Incidentally those French Tips you did are still looking great.

Henry :)

Millions of people are using Uber and in South Florida you are hard pressed to find a cab and in other major cities. Uber had one major incident but Uber drivers have been attacked by passengers. I have used Uber X luxury SUV's .... Very clean and excellent drivers and no need to carry cash or look at a meter. You know before you go what the fare is and tips are included. Many of the Uber drivers have professional day jobs and they make 80% of the total fare.

Heck, you hardly ever see a taxi anymore where we live in Palm Beach. I just use my IPHONE and in less than ten minutes the car is here. We own two cars and like using Uber when we go out for the evening for dinner and drinks with no need to worry about having that extra glass of wine.

Also some taxi drivers and limo drivers are also UBER drivers. These men and women can earn much more money driving for UBER when they want to. Our city is now in court to regulate licenses with them. This will be interesting as many in our city use UBER including government officials.

Edited by Suite Travels

• 2 months later...

Just a thought. I once flew into MIA and cruised out of FLL. I rented a car in MIA and dropped it off in FLL with no charge. After dropping it off I took the free shuttle to Port Everglades. Total cost was around $35.