Drink Prices in Europe

janny444

Hi....can someone please give me an idea of current drink prices for a European cruise.

Last time we had the AI package but we are not big drinkers so I am wondering if it will be worth it for us.

The drink prices that I am interested in are

Glass of red wine...G&T...Latte coffee...bottled water...pint of beer.

Here you go:

Glass of red wine from €4.50

Gin: Beefeater €5.30 Gordon's €4.90 (A G&T is priced but I don't have it) Bombay Sapphire €6.25 Tanqueray €5.70 ALL 4cl servings

Mineral water 1L €2.60 50cl €1.55 20cl €0.50 Perrier 33cl €3

Caffe latte €2.20

Beer (draught) €4.90 40cl

Plus 15% SC

Edited by Beamafar

Many thanks...most helpful. Even though we are not excessive drinkers...a couple of glasses at wine at lunch/dinner...a G&T/pint of beer in the evening...2/3 caffe lattes...a few bottles of water...that would soon mount up especially with the SC on top of so it looks like having the drinks package is still the way to go.

I would agree - the Allegrissimo, @ €26pppd is fantastic value. Even a few coffees, water and juice over the course of the day will add up. Not having to worry about it let's you relax and enjoy the cruise more :)

You should consider pre-purchasing it to avoid the 15% service charge which you'd incur should you wait 'til boarding to order it.

Edited by Beamafar

Are there any other packages for wine and beer other than the Allegrissimo, @ €26pppd? The most recent promotion for the cruise I just booked is offering a package that includes 20 drinks per cabin for a one week cruise. Since I have this I don't think I would want to do the Allegrissimo package since we will not be drinking that much, but it would be nice to supplement the 20 drink package I will be getting with another one if I could purchase one that way a la carte. I think 40 drinks for the week would be plenty for us. The 20 drink pacages includes house wine, dirinks, and specialty coffees. I was told at booking that the promo package is worth €100, but I do not see an option on my booking to purchase.

Edited by joseph123

I would agree - the Allegrissimo, @ €26pppd is fantastic value. Even a few coffees, water and juice over the course of the day will add up. Not having to worry about it let's you relax and enjoy the cruise more :)

You should consider pre-purchasing it to avoid the 15% service charge which you'd incur should you wait 'til boarding to order it.

Hi, could you clarify something for me please? My Wife and I have pre-paid our Allegrissimo Package at £22 per person per day for our upcoming Preziosa Cruise in October. Is there something annotated on the cruise card to illustrate to Bar Staff that we have pre-paid?

Here are all the current drinks packages available

The first 3 packages I've converted the price from per person for a 14 day cruise to per person per day (pppd)

Drinks%201.jpg

drinks%203.jpg

drinks%202.jpg

drinks4.jpg

continued on the next post

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi, could you clarify something for me please? My Wife and I have pre-paid our Allegrissimo Package at £22 per person per day for our upcoming Preziosa Cruise in October. Is there something annotated on the cruise card to illustrate to Bar Staff that we have pre-paid?

YES you'll see in the next image that the two top cards have a code 431 and 430EXP

These indicate that in the first instance i've bought an Allegrissimo package and in the second instance the package is part of the experience i've opted for.

You will have a similar coding and in addition it will be electronically encoded on your card so that the till will read the information and register zero cost

c5af959e-a2e0-48ae-92be-bff32e46a57f.jpg

Pete

YES you'll see in the next image that the two top cards have a code 431 and 430EXP

These indicate that in the first instance i've bought an Allegrissimo package and in the second instance the package is part of the experience i've opted for.

You will have a similar coding and in addition it will be electronically encoded on your card so that the till will read the information and register zero cost

c5af959e-a2e0-48ae-92be-bff32e46a57f.jpg

Pete

Thanks very much.

Hi....can someone please give me an idea of current drink prices for a European cruise.

Last time we had the AI package but we are not big drinkers so I am wondering if it will be worth it for us.

The drink prices that I am interested in are

Glass of red wine...G&T...Latte coffee...bottled water...pint of beer.

Here is a link to the Med bar list for last winter

NB if you buy individual drinks there is a 15% service charge added to the displayed price

https://onedrive.live.com/#id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211409&cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&group=0&parId=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211411&o=OneUp

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Looks like all of the wine packages also include water, but being from the US my cruise includes the cost of water, does anyone know of they will deduct the cost of the water for US cruise passengers since the water package is free? If not looks like I will need to just order a la carte.

Looks like all of the wine packages also include water, but being from the US my cruise includes the cost of water, does anyone know of they will deduct the cost of the water for US cruise passengers since the water package is free? If not looks like I will need to just order a la carte.

The list I posted are the packages for UK guests from the UK site. I'm sure the US packages will be different to take into consideration the "water" issue, just as the UK Allegrissimo Adult is substituted with the Allegrissimo Classic in the US market.

Pete

PS THe OP is from the UK and asked about prices in Europe, so that is why i posted the lists as seen above ie UK for Europe

Edited by Skier52

Thank you Skier52 (Pete) for the price lists. I didn't know about the "Coffee Cuddle".. I think that and the Allegro Wine and Water packages may tick our boxes. We can always buy the odd G&T and beer "as when and needed". I take it can you can pre book those two packages so avoiding the SC.

Cheers :D

PS I am so very pleased that MSC will be returning to Southampton next year

Just another thought regarding the Allegro Wine & water...it says that it is for consumption in Main restaurant/buffet/bars so does that mean you can take your bottle of wine from the restaurant and consume it at a later time in any bar?

Its the statement that they will carefully conserve the bottle of wine and serve it to you... that is prompting my question or is it just done as a courtesy and that you also have the choice of removing the bottle?

Once again Cheers!

Just another thought regarding the Allegro Wine & water...it says that it is for consumption in Main restaurant/buffet/bars so does that mean you can take your bottle of wine from the restaurant and consume it at a later time in any bar?

Its the statement that they will carefully conserve the bottle of wine and serve it to you... that is prompting my question or is it just done as a courtesy and that you also have the choice of removing the bottle?

Once again Cheers!

I've often taken unfinished bottles of water out of the MDR and taken to my cabin. Never tried to do that with an unfinished wine bottle as I can't resell it. I've always just let them look after it and bring it back the next evening. Don't suppose it would hurt to ask.

Once again Cheers!

I've taken bottles of wine out with me for consumption later.

I've also taken the compilmentary wine (Black card holders perk) into the MDR to share with people at my table.

In fact there were 6 on our table of whom 4 (two couples) had free Moet and Chandon through the perk (that has now gone) so each couple brought 1 bottle to share between us all. The two who didn't get any Moet were both on their first ever cruise.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I worry about asking the same question that someone else covered, but I swear MSC wins the prize for managing to complicate things unnecessarily when it comes to these drink packages!

What I'm hoping someone can help clarify is what non-alcoholic (i.e. coffee) drinks are included and is there a difference between the two (Allegrissimo vs. Allegrissimo Premium) in that category? The difference with respect to cocktail brands, etc. seems clear, but not the other. Also, is there a difference in WHERE you can consume the drinks (dining room vs. bars vs. ?)

To clarify, we are on Fantasia out of Barcelona on 10/9/15 and are booked through the U.S. with the "Fanstasica" package. Our booking includes 12 drink vouchers (each?) + $50 USD shipboard credit so the strategy of buying the package or not is even more complicated. I'll take any opinions!

Thanks in advance...

p.s. We are 4 cabins/8 people travelling together. Am I really reading it correctly that ALL 8 of us MUST buy the same package if we intend to dine together? Seems crazy!

Edited by whdigital

I worry about asking the same question that someone else covered, but I swear MSC wins the prize for managing to complicate things unnecessarily when it comes to these drink packages!

What I'm hoping someone can help clarify is what non-alcoholic (i.e. coffee) drinks are included and is there a difference between the two (Allegrissimo vs. Allegrissimo Premium) in that category? The difference with respect to cocktail brands, etc. seems clear, but not the other. Also, is there a difference in WHERE you can consume the drinks (dining room vs. bars vs. ?)

To clarify, we are on Fantasia out of Barcelona on 10/9/15 and are booked through the U.S. with the "Fanstasica" package. Our booking includes 12 drink vouchers (each?) + $50 USD shipboard credit so the strategy of buying the package or not is even more complicated. I'll take any opinions!

Thanks in advance...

p.s. We are 4 cabins/8 people travelling together. Am I really reading it correctly that ALL 8 of us MUST buy the same package if we intend to dine together? Seems crazy!

In a word YES , that's what the T&Cs say

DRINK PACKAGE DIFFERENCES

If you take a look at the post #26 - #29 on the link below you will see items marked with a RED asterisk. On this list this means they are EXCLUDED from the Allegrissimo but ARE INCLUDED on the Allegrissimo Premium package.

However it has been reported on that the new lists the RED asterisk marks those items Ithat are INCLUDED on the Allegrissimo basic package ad the entire list is on the PREMIUM package.

Drinks can be "purchased", ( you sign a slip for $ (€)0.00) anywhere on the ship.

NOn alcoholic drinks are on the list as well

Link to the list

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2230053&page=2

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...

Good grief, that sounds simply horrible! I'm attempting to purchase an MSC cruise for next autumn. Am learning that drinks aren't included, and I'll need to anticipate exactly what I want to drink, when, and where... a year in advance.

I'm from the U.S. I'm on the fence now about whether or not to book the cruise. It stuns me that I can't even have water with dinner unless I agree to be nickel & dimed.

I actually don't drink alcohol or soda, because I prefer to eat my calories instead :) What is the "water issue" which was referred to in this thread? Do American citizens get water with their meals, or do they have to pay?

And, Royal Caribbean allows passengers to bring a case of bottled water aboard in their luggage. Does MSC not allow that?