Gem on 9/16 to Canada/New England

sandjforever

First time sailing up North. Been watching Hurricane Jose and it seems like it has stalled a little. Must say I am a little concerned with the models that show it heading North!

hi not to sound mean...but when you booked the trip. Did you not know you were booking a cruise during hurricane season? Just curious.

We were on the Gem to Canada last year during Matthew/Nicole. Weather was rainy a couple of days and the first night was very rough as we were sailing out through Long Island Sound and then around Cape Cod. But I still had a good time, and by our last day in Newport, it was sunny and hot!

Loved the Gem -- even though we had a balcony, we spent a lot of time in the Great Outdoors. One of the ship's best features, I thought. Have a wonderful trip.

If OP was booking a cruise to the Caribbean I'd feel comfortable lecturing them on the risk of cruising during hurricane season, but to canada... come on, you live in New Hampshire, how many hurricanes have passed through Portsmouth in the last decade.

hi not to sound mean...but when you booked the trip. Did you not know you were booking a cruise during hurricane season? Just curious.

Aw, David. You were sooooooo nasty to the OP on the other thread. Now you are being nasty to sands here. Be kind to your fellow man.

First time sailing up North. Been watching Hurricane Jose and it seems like it has stalled a little. Must say I am a little concerned with the models that show it heading North!

Based on what I am looking at, there is very little concern.

I actually didn't book it. A friend had a friend going who bailed at the last minute so I offered to go in her place. I always cruise in February, May and November so I never had this problem.