Norwegian dawn Nov 3 hurricane questions

Pats1360

Hi there, I'm sailing on the dawn Nov 3, from Boston to san juan. Pretty much every island on the itenary was badly damaged from the storms, changing of ports is no big deal, it would be nice to know where I'm going though. But my real question is, San Juan, if the cruise is not able to dock there to end the cruise, where might they send us, I obviously have travel arrangements in PR, hotel for 3 nights and airfare. Those cost quite a bit to cancel or change plus I booked those thru Priceline. If San Juan turns out to not be the ending location, what options might I have to recoup airfare and hotel, and make quick changes because this cruise is only a month and half away. Thank you everyone for your insight.

Based on the events of the past few weeks, I would expect they will continue to post updates at ncl.com. On the lower left side (not bottom), there is a pull down thing called WEATHER with updates.

Other folks have indicated they have received emails once they figure out what to do. I would guess they are trying to figure out the damage and possible timeframe for the port to be open.

If you check directly with the hotel website, you may find out when they will reopen.

Just a guess, but assume they are totally focused on the next couple of cruises.

Good luck.

I would think that this soon after all the devastation there, no one has a clue as to what the time line to returning to more normal activities might be for San Juan. For my speculation, in 6 weeks I would assume the airport should be pretty much normal and the major hotels will be operating in a close to normal capacity. But.....only a guessed speculation on my part. Way too early for any one to have specifics I think.

Hi there, I'm sailing on the dawn Nov 3, from Boston to san juan. Pretty much every island on the itenary was badly damaged from the storms, changing of ports is no big deal, it would be nice to know where I'm going though. But my real question is, San Juan, if the cruise is not able to dock there to end the cruise, where might they send us, I obviously have travel arrangements in PR, hotel for 3 nights and airfare. Those cost quite a bit to cancel or change plus I booked those thru Priceline. If San Juan turns out to not be the ending location, what options might I have to recoup airfare and hotel, and make quick changes because this cruise is only a month and half away. Thank you everyone for your insight.

We are on that cruise as well. We are all just going to have to wait to see what they do. I feel pretty confident that the airlines will work with us regarding airfare as they can not at this point live up to their end of the bargain either. As for the hotels, im sure they will also be refunding our money and we can all book somewhere else.

come join our roll call as we are doing a lot of talking about it there as well http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372757