P&O Pacific Explorer dining.

Our next cruise is with P&O, who we have not sailed with before, and I'm not familiar with their setup. Is there set time dining or do you just turn up and ask for a table.

We are quite fond of the Princess set time dining but with the 3 free restaurants on the Pacific Explorer, not counting the Pantry, we were wondering how things work particularly as we are a group of 10.

When I was on Explorer in July, they took bookings for the whole cruise or day by day in Angelo's restaurant. I went on the first day and they had about 6 tables set up with menus to,peruse and you could book where you wanted to eat and at what time. They gave a choice of times like 6 or 6.30 etc, you were then presented with a receipt with the day and time for your record.

I booked the first 3 days and then went back and did more later in the cruise. The times it is open for bookings is in each days Patter (newsletter) .

I thought it was a good system. I suggest you utilise it especially with your large group, I was solo :)

I recommend the dinner and show " Love Riot" it was easily worth the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with Helen, being a large booking of 10. I would try to pre-book your tables (call them or get the TA to do it)with a set dining time - early or late seating. Then once on board, I would alter nay of the bookings as needed for the other resturants if you haven't already arranged it.

I am pretty sure you cannot pre-book your dining on P&O Aust, either personally or through your TA. P&O operates on anytime dining with no pre-booking, although they will book you in after you board. As soon as you board, head to the dining room and book in for the group. Have with you a list of the cabin numbers for the whole group.

We were on P&O Pacific Dawn two months ago. Because we were only two, not a group, we just went along at the start of the dining session (probably 5.45) and asked for places that night. That was OK. I asked about the rest of the cruise and was pleasantly surprised that they put us in for the whole week.

I shouldn't need the list of cabin numbers as we have a TWID code for the group. It was hell on Carnival having to recite the numbers every night, either very inefficient or the boss lady was just a bitch, I lean heavily to the latter.

I shouldn't need the list of cabin numbers as we have a TWID code for the group. It was hell on Carnival having to recite the numbers every night, either very inefficient or the boss lady was just a bitch, I lean heavily to the latter.

I thought you might need the cabin numbers for the first night. I suggest you have the list with you when you first go along to book. Then ask if you can have a booking for the whole cruise, if that is what you want.

I will make the point that when we were on the Pacific Dawn we could not help but notice how small the servings were of everything. Even the icecream served in the dining room was in small servings - closer to a large teaspoon size rather than the normal icecream scoop size.

I am pretty sure you cannot pre-book your dining on P&O Aust, either personally or through your TA. P&O operates on anytime dining with no pre-booking, although they will book you in after you board. As soon as you board, head to the dining room and book in for the group. Have with you a list of the cabin numbers for the whole group.

We were on P&O Pacific Dawn two months ago. Because we were only two, not a group, we just went along at the start of the dining session (probably 5.45) and asked for places that night. That was OK. I asked about the rest of the cruise and was pleasantly surprised that they put us in for the whole week.

It is possible, we had booked in for two nights on my birthday cruise and there was 18 of us (two tables). Prearranged and confirmed once on board.

Our next cruise is with P&O, who we have not sailed with before, and I'm not familiar with their setup. Is there set time dining or do you just turn up and ask for a table.

We are quite fond of the Princess set time dining but with the 3 free restaurants on the Pacific Explorer, not counting the Pantry, we were wondering how things work particularly as we are a group of 10.

On the explorer 2 weeks ago

We were a party of 9

Booked each day for whichever of the free restaurants we wanted. We had to adjust our timings but we always managed to book within 15 mins of the time we wanted

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the explorer 2 weeks ago

We were a party of 9

Booked each day for whichever of the free restaurants we wanted. We had to adjust our timings but we always managed to book within 15 mins of the time we wanted

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad they were able to accommodate a large group.