Evening Buffet is the worst I have ever had.

KevintheIrishDJ

So it looks like MSC hasn't improved evening buffets. ... We loved many things about this company, but evening buffets were the weakest out of all lines we sailed with. From what I heard evening buffets are not traditional for Italian lines. I believe Costa doesn't have them at all.

Disclaimer: I am MSC fan. Just wanted to add my opinion.

Many lines have actually done away with the the late buffets as it was a waste of Food and manpower.

It is not about late buffets, but regular evening buffets which all lines offer.

It seems that there are some on here who aren't familiar with the OP and the constant repeats of the same subject. Here's a post from around the time:

For some reason, it looks like the OP reckoned we needed a reminder of his experiences - lest we forget!

Thanks Bea! Good to know!

So it looks like MSC hasn't improved evening buffets. ... We loved many things about this company, but evening buffets were the weakest out of all lines we sailed with. From what I heard evening buffets are not traditional for Italian lines. I believe Costa doesn't have them at all.

I think this is exactly right...I think the lack of options for the dinner buffet is in part due to the fact this line expects people to eat in the main dining rooms and the specialty restaurants. We ate dinner twice in the buffet on our trip in dec. and it was fine, but not great. I thought their lunch and breakfast options were far more extensive. This may be a left over European thing that the Divina is still adjusting to. With multiple buffets on the upcoming Seaside I also think that MSC had gotten the message that American cruisers are more apt to eat at buffets even for dinner than maybe their European counterparts.

When an item runs out, usually someone will go into the kitchen to get more. On the Divinia, they reach under the steam table to get more food.

:(

And what you think they cook it fresh in 20 sec in kitchen? really? :rolleyes: they just keep it same way in kitchen for god sake. :rolleyes:

There has been a decline in options for dinner , we noticed it on our last Divina cruise in Feb. 2017 but in our other 6 cruises it was much better.