Eurodam cabin 4168 or 4053/54

cruiseaholic78

Thinking about a round trip cruise to Hawai and Polynesia which has many sea days. I have read quite a lot of reviews and as cabins above are still free I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced both?It looks as though 4053/54 will get more sun (which I love) and some shade for DH (not always).

So any tips to push me one way or other? Thanks

Rosalyn

Grab 4168!

We will be on her! Doing cruise out of our hometown San Diego! Will be in 6056 and have been in 6054. I IMO would not want those extended balconies 4053 or 4054.

We can look right down into the balconies. I like my privacy but you can enjoy the sun.

You do have privacy somewhat right outside your balcony door.

What ever you choose so enjoy The Eurodam! Did a Med on her last September.

Denise:)

Thinking about a round trip cruise to Hawai and Polynesia which has many sea days. I have read quite a lot of reviews and as cabins above are still free I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced both?It looks as though 4053/54 will get more sun (which I love) and some shade for DH (not always).

So any tips to push me one way or other? Thanks

Rosalyn

Shade is practically nonexistent on 4054 (which I stayed in on the Nieuw Amsterdam). Possibly a very tiny bit under the overhang right outside the balcony door, but that's about it. I would go with 4166 or 4168 if they're available.

• 1 month later...

We chose 4168 for a few reasons.

DH loves /needs some shade

This balcony has a much wider uninterupted view

Only have one set of neighbours

Tried and loved 4166 so knew we would love this with added advantage of shower instead of bath even though it is smaller.

Rosalyn

• 1 month later...

DeeniEncinatis: Your name popped up a few times when I did a search on "Eurodam and 6056" -- the cabin we booked for a Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. This is only our second cruise and wondered you had any comments on the suite/tips for things to bring/be aware of for this suite. My wife and 19yr old son will be sharing the unit with me. Other family members down the hall in 6050...Thanks...doug

DeeniEncinatis: Your name popped up a few times when I did a search on "Eurodam and 6056" -- the cabin we booked for a Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. This is only our second cruise and wondered you had any comments on the suite/tips for things to bring/be aware of for this suite. My wife and 19yr old son will be sharing the unit with me. Other family members down the hall in 6050...Thanks...doug

CONGRATULATIONS on a great stateroom!!!!

First there are no regrets or problems with this suite!!

Your son will enjoy The the large couch that turns into a bed. Even with it made up there is plenty of room to walk around! The king bed is a dream for both you and your wife.

The balcony. Is big with a great table for dining and relaxing chairs and ottomans.

Enjoy room service especially from The Pinnacle Grill! We had an anniversary and they came and set up a white table cloth and flowers! My husband called and they set up everything! So relaxing to sit outside with the smell of the sea and wonderful sunsets!

We enjoy having the double sinks in the bathroom and you do not feel crowded.

Good location close to elevator and stairs to go to Crows Nest/ exploration cafe to get coffee fix in the morning if you want!

We were on her before drydock.

We were on her Sept-Oct 2016 doing the Med.

Will be on her 2019 out of San Diego our home doing Hawaii/Tahiti.

My husband brings a small extension cord with 3 outlets to plug in his recharging batteries for cameras, phone, he charges on the table where the Window is.

Robes, slippers, blankets, and even binoculars are in the closet for you. We’re 4 stars so our laundry is included. You can use a blue drawstring bag that is in closet to put as much as you can cram into it and send it out for laundry service. Depending on cruise it varies $20-$30 a bag!!! You’ll find a wicker basket in closet with the forms to fill out and place in bag. Call and the steward will pick it up. We always take pictures on our phone the copy receipts of order.

Well like I said this is the room we always get even with her sister The Nieuw!!!

Enjoy relax and welcome aboard!!!

Sincerely,

Denise:)