MSC Divina question challenge...can you answer them all lol?

timelordjason

I have never cruised MSC so I have a ton of questions how many can you answer????

#1. Is the same beer served everywhere or do some bars sell some that others don't? Such as the sports bar.

#2 does anywhere on the ship serve Fosters oil cans?

#3 I have read the regulations on dress but then read many articles and posts that contradict it. So for definitive answers... if I wear the following to the following areas will I be ok? Buffet-shorts and tshirt / Regular Dinners-Jeans Button down /Formal nights- slacks button down and tie

what about the addon restaurants do they do about the same dress as MDR?

#4 am I cool walking around the ship in shorts and a tshirt

#5 how soon after you book or how close to cruise are you assigned your cabin number if you book a guaranteed?

#6 ho easy is it to get a table for two in the add on restaurants

#7 how hard is it to get a table for two if you don't have my time dining and ave late dinner assigned by asking when you arrive?

#8 if you get the 4 dinner add on restaurant plan can you go to one of the restaurants twice instead of all 4 or do you only get one visit to each one?

#9 is the dinner in MDR really as bad as people say it is? is it just us picky American pallets? Do the Europeans on the ship think it is bad too? I love food in other countries so is it called bad because it is different or is it bad even though it is different?

#10 if you already got a discounted rate wen booking do you get another 5% doing rewards match?

#11 how long does it take to get your rewards match show up on your account.

#12 what ship experience enhancements, internet, drink coupons, coffee coupons, prepaid onboard account etc is worth it and which ones are not?

#13 if you are automatically assigned late dinner can you have that changed on the ship when you arrive?

#14 if you are assigned late dinner is the show before or after your dinner?

#15 are there prizes for tings such as trivia? What are the prizes?

#15 (the most important one) Is there BINGO?

Welcome to CC! We were on Divina last Jan. #9 we thought the food in the MDR was great! #7 We did the status match and got Black Card status. We asked for a table for 2 a few months in advance and got it, don't know if we're just lucky since there are not many of them. #6 We reserved Galaxy and Eataly onboard and asked for and got tables for 2 in both.

We asked for a table for 2 a few months in advance and got it, don't know if we're just lucky since there are not many of them.

Hi relaxatsea - if you don't mind me asking - how did you do that?

TIA! :D

#3 So long as you follow what's printed on the Daily Program, you'll have no problem. There is the "suggested" dress code stated as well as what's not accepted:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

Others have got away with not adhering to it - YMMV.

#13 You can meet with the mD' on embarkation to discuss changing your allotted time. He/She will facilitate you if it's at all possible.

#14 The show to suit late diners is on before dinner.

#15 I won the chance to choose the subject for the next Trivia game! :D

#16 There is Bingo onboard. It's not my thing but it seems very expensive to play so I haven't been tempted.

Edited by Beamafar

#15 I won the chance to choose the subject for the next Trivia game! :D

HAAHA do you have to choose from a list or can it be anything? I would have said doctor who!!!!

#16 There is Bingo onboard. It's not my thing but it seems very expensive to play so I haven't been tempted.

Does anyone know the price per card?

Hi relaxatsea - if you don't mind me asking - how did you do that?

TIA! :D

We asked our travel agent to call MSC and request a table for two. They told us it wasn't guaranteed, so we were happy when we got it. I think the Black Card status helped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

#15 I won the chance to choose the subject for the next Trivia game!

HAAHA do you have to choose from a list or can it be anything? I would have said doctor who!!!!

Does anyone know the price per card?

I had a choice of 4 subjects - can't remember what they were now. I think I chose "James Bond".

I wouldn't know what they charge for Bingo on Divina.

• 2 weeks later...

The specialty dining wasn't really busy, there was always tables available. When you buy the add on package you have to eat at each of the restaurants included in the package. We did the two restaurant package. Galaxy was amazing, so much so we went back later in the week. The second restaurant in our package was Eatly Steakhouse. In my opinion it sucked! Other people had great experiences, mine was memorable for all the wrong reasons. No tablecloths, plastic chairs, your bread comes in a brown paper bag. My steak was sent back twice, both times it came out Rare (deep red cool center) I ordered it Med. I gave up on dinner that night and went to the sports bar for chicken wings!

In the main dining room we had a very crammed in table for four. I felt sandwiched in between two other tables and a large pole. Our table was always served last even though we always arrived first. Very aggravating! Service was slow, 90 minutes on a good night. The food was decent on the two nights we ate there.

Prizes for trivia were random depending on who was running it. Small squishy ships (stress reliever), pens, tickets for 4D experience, on the last day he gave away a bottle of sparkling wine.