New Experiences and Enhancements to the Disney Wonder This Fall

Ex techie

http://dclnews.com/2016/06/02/disney-cruise-line-brings-new-experiences-and-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/

Marvel Super Hero Academy

Frozen Adventures

Tiana’s Place Restaurant

Cheers, to an English Pub

After Hours

D Lounge

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Twist ‘n’ Spout

Dory’s Reef

AquaLab

to name a few enhancements

ex techie

Moki'smommy, I agree! A much better theme and I like the concept!

They haven't mentioned Wavebands as part of the Route 66 overhaul into After Hours, and if that will have a theme change and rebranded as they appear to be keeping the Cadillac Lounge name the same, just with a refresh?

Also that they have chosen an English themed pub rather than the Irish O'Gill's theme on the Fantasy and Magic.

Other obvious missing places or mentions are a Concierge Lounge, the Atrium (staircase and chandelier), no mention of a AquaDunk or sillier attraction, or Beach Blanket Buffet converting to Cabanas.

Or any mention of the pool deck quick service stations changing.

Maybe it's too early for them to release final details, or maybe they plan to just refresh those spaces and leave them as is?

One can only hope about the Atrium!

ex techie

The conversion to Cabanas has been quite successful on the Magic, so I'd look for something similar on the Wonder. I suspect they are just not telling us all their "secrets" at once. Why settle for one publicity surge when you can get two or three out of the project?

The conversion to Cabanas has been quite successful on the Magic' date=' so I'd look for something similar on the Wonder. I suspect they are just not telling us all their "secrets" at once. Why settle for one publicity surge when you can get two or three out of the project?[/quote']

Absolutely!

I agree I think there will be more releases or "leaks" made before she set's sail after the drydock. And Scott at the disneycruiselineblog raised a great point that the dry dock ends on Oct 23, and the next published sailing right now is Nov 10.

Either they are being pessimistic that everything will be completed on time and not repeat the mess they made when the Magic had her overhaul, or they have some last minute cruises to sell if they make the deadline.

ex techie

I'm, surprised and happy to see that they will be providing live music during the dinner seatings.

Live music will be performed on the main stage, with rhythmic, toe-tapping notes of jazz, swing and blues setting the tone for the French Quarter supper club atmosphere. - See more at: http://dclnews.com/2016/06/02/disney-cruise-line-brings-new-experiences-and-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/#sthash.wPTovixc.dpuf

Much like they used to have when they had the Island Band steel drum trio aboard.

Hopefully they can manage the noise levels so that they are enjoyed by all and the few closest are not deafened!

Maybe house bands are making a comeback?

ex techie

The conversion to Cabanas has been quite successful on the Magic' date=' so I'd look for something similar on the Wonder. I suspect they are just not telling us all their "secrets" at once. Why settle for one publicity surge when you can get two or three out of the project?[/quote']

According to the article I read in the disney Cruise Line Blog, Beach Blanket Buffet WILL be converted into Cabanas:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/06/disney-cruise-line-reveals-major-overhaul-disney-wonder/

Edited by gometros

Help me out here. The new Tiana restaurant is that going to be a main dining room location? If so what does it replace? If not is there going to be an up charge for it?

I know you may not know specifics yet, but moki'smommy always seems to know everything! [emoji41]

Help me out here. The new Tiana restaurant is that going to be a main dining room location? If so what does it replace? If not is there going to be an up charge for it?

I know you may not know specifics yet, but moki'smommy always seems to know everything! [emoji41]

Probably replacing Parrot Cay (like Carioca's did on the Magic). Not an extra cost dining option. Really, there would be no place to put another large venue for extra cost on the Wonder.

It replaces Parrot Cay. You can see the scrollwork and shutters are the same in the pictures of PC, Carrioca's and Tiana's.

Just the face of the beams has new decorative pattern in the visual and everything is painted.

Slide1_2.jpg

No upcharge, one of the 3 MDR's.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

A british pub looks good as well!

Something a little bit different from the O'Gills format, and something different for each ship.

wonder-dry-dock-english-pub.jpg?02062016080226

Maybe a New York, or German Bar for the Fantasy when she goes into dry dock?

ex techie

Tiana's Place looks amazing! It's a Disney cruise so dining rooms that pay homage to the movies is perfect. My daughter loves The Princess and the Frog so she will be delighted by that!

The British Pub reminds me a bit of the one at Epcot! Looks like a fun time!

Sounds good. It sounded like Parrot Cay wasn't widely well liked. I love the idea of a New Orleans style restaurant.

It was for a long time when they were first launched in 1998 and 1999 and long after that.

It's just an older design that has had rehabs, and not really changed over the years. By being the odd one out restaurant, not the DCL signature restaurant like Animators Palate, nor the specific designated Classic Ship restaurant of Lumiere's, or Tritons which can stand on their own and pass the test of time for their sheer grandeur and opulence, whilst keeping their relevance, Parrot Cay's time has come and passed quite a while ago.

While, I think and a few others think Carioca's was a mistake in style and cuisine, I hope Tiana's Palace dining room will be a big hit, and a success if they can balance the menu to suit the masses and still have a theme!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Parrot Cay to Cariocas was a cheap ass makeover IMO.

The original renderings showed grand balloon type chandeliers and they ended up being very pumpkin type. They also just painted over the fish motifs in the faux wood work rather than replace it with a different style.

I hope they keep to their design and replace the Wonder's fish motif wood work and keep within the styling of Tiana's.

Just not frogs legs! lol!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Parrot Cay was very into the Caribbean styling, but as above, didn't tie into anything "Disney." It was OK, but it either needed serious refurbishing after 15+ years or a total re-design. And fortunately they got rid of those noisy parrots! We used to laugh when one of our favorite officers would come in and turn off the parrots. The room was loud enough without squawking birds.

I wish DCL would decide whether their goal is to have all the ships "basically the same" which was the excuse we were given for the destruction of the Magic's atrium or they want each to be unique as it seems in the restaurants, the kid programming areas, etc. I like the differences, but in that case why was the Magic's atrium destroyed?

I like the differences' date=' but in that case why was the Magic's atrium destroyed?[/quote']

Probably for the same reason bad decisions are always made. Some VP in some office who has never set foot on a cruise ship decided it would be a good idea and made it happen. lol

Looking forward to some Southern themed meals. Maybe they will call it the Palace since the T in Tiana would not work well for the initials in the dining rotation with Tritons already in place. Parrot was not my favorite so I look forward to the update.

:)Thank you for your email and we are happy to assist.

We are thrilled to hear that you will be sailing onboard the Disney Wonder after her dry dock! We have heard that there will be a dedicated Concierge Lounge onboard, but the location is yet to be determined. We recommend that you stay tuned to our website or by clicking the following link:

:)Thank you for your email and we are happy to assist.

We are thrilled to hear that you will be sailing onboard the Disney Wonder after her dry dock! We have heard that there will be a dedicated Concierge Lounge onboard, but the location is yet to be determined. We recommend that you stay tuned to our website or by clicking the following link:

Yes, you posted the same email in the Disney Wonder Dry Dock thread.

Shoreside are willing to please and offer answers they cannot validate or commit to.

Time will tell if they close off the Outlook Cafe and make it, or part of it Concierge only, or find another space.

ex techie

• 3 weeks later...